Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM axl - getting phone MAC address according to status

jialinli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to get phone MAC address according to phone status, and I start from https://developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/downloads/sample-app/.

When I set criteria.setStatus("Any"),the returned phones are all "registered" and "unregistered" phones but I also want to get the Mac address of those "None" status phones.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Jialing

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A couple of comments:

- The 'MAC address' as discernible in the Risport data <name> field for phone devices - e.g. SEP2C3ECF76A716 - is only present in the <name> field for some types of devices (mainly desk phones), and the <name> field may contain more free-form data that does not include any MAC data (i.e. softphones like Jabber) - e.g. CSFDSTAUDT

- Even in cases where SEP[MAC] is present for a device, the MAC in the device name will simply be the hardware MAC of the ethernet interface.  It's possible that a wifi-capable device (like a deskphone) may actually be communicating on a wifi interface with a different factual MAC address

- Records of device status are held in memory only, and are present only for devices which have registered at some point since the RIS service has been restarted (i.e. last reboot of the CUCM node).  Risport (and indirectly, MAC) data for devices which have not registered yet will not be available

- If you are looking to get MAC data for all devices (again, indirectly via the device name of phones which follow the SEP[MAC] naming convention) you might want to look at the AXL SOAP API, i.e. the <listPhone>/<getPhone> requests:

https://developer.cisco.com/media/axl-schema-11-5/Files/AXLSoap_listPhone.html#Link91F

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A couple of comments:

- The 'MAC address' as discernible in the Risport data <name> field for phone devices - e.g. SEP2C3ECF76A716 - is only present in the <name> field for some types of devices (mainly desk phones), and the <name> field may contain more free-form data that does not include any MAC data (i.e. softphones like Jabber) - e.g. CSFDSTAUDT

- Even in cases where SEP[MAC] is present for a device, the MAC in the device name will simply be the hardware MAC of the ethernet interface.  It's possible that a wifi-capable device (like a deskphone) may actually be communicating on a wifi interface with a different factual MAC address

- Records of device status are held in memory only, and are present only for devices which have registered at some point since the RIS service has been restarted (i.e. last reboot of the CUCM node).  Risport (and indirectly, MAC) data for devices which have not registered yet will not be available

- If you are looking to get MAC data for all devices (again, indirectly via the device name of phones which follow the SEP[MAC] naming convention) you might want to look at the AXL SOAP API, i.e. the <listPhone>/<getPhone> requests:

https://developer.cisco.com/media/axl-schema-11-5/Files/AXLSoap_listPhone.html#Link91F

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: