Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 is not registering with CUCM.

alok.shukla21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

DX80 device, when i am trying to register it with CUCM, is showing Failed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch.

If i register it with VCS, it gets registered.

Is there any compatibility issue with CUCM.

Kindly help.

The event log file of DX80 is attached fyr.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds as if you didn't upload the required device pack into CUCM, which will add the new "TelePresence DX" devices for DX running on CE software.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Alok,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional information and feedback.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/

I hope this helps. Thank you for participating in the community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Thanks Kelli.

Regards,

<http://www.wipro.com/>

Alok Shukla

Project Engineer / Contact Centre Collaboration

Wipro Limited

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds as if you didn't upload the required device pack into CUCM, which will add the new "TelePresence DX" devices for DX running on CE software.

Thanks Patrick

I realized I had selected the "Cisco DX80" phone type. And for the life of me couldn't figure out why it didn't work.

This post made me see there is also a "Cisco TelePresence DX80" and once I re-created the device as that, it all worked.

I have System version: 11.5.1.16900-16

I'm offered phone type : DX80 Web Ex instead of Cisco Telepresence DX80

I see Cisco Telepresence DX70, EX60 & EX90 are listed bu I fail to have Cisco Telepresence DX80

IS DX80 Web Ex fine ?

StefanT

Where are you seeing that? I am running 

System version: 11.5.1.13902-2 
and I am showing Cisco Telepresence DX80 on the device pages. It's possible Cisco changed it between our two versions, but we are fairly close so I am not certain.

a.papadimitriou
Level 1
Level 1

- You also have to check if the device has already installed the CollaborationEndpoint firmware.

- Plus, since you don't mention the CUCM version, you have to see compatibility issues (if there is the proper device pack loaded on CUCM).

- be sure about the registration settings you apply on the device considering your network (IPs, TFTP, VLAN etc)

(i'm not pretty sure but check if there is anywhere checked the MTP option)

Argyris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: