cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use the sandbox servers

zhangminglai
Level 1
Level 1

hello   everyone , i am using the jabber for voice and video integrated developing, for now i am using sandbox for a test.

the problem is i don't know how to use the server in the sandbox,there are four servers ( CUCM publisher CUCM subscriber cisco IM and Presence  windows lab service)  look forward someone can help me figure out the function of each server and how to use them.

4 Replies 4

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Minglai,

I have moved your forum post into the DevNet Sandbox community where we can help you out! I am checking on your reservation now and can help you connect and use the servers in the lab. I'll get back with you shortly.

Thanks!

Jacob

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Minglai,

I can see that your reservation has ended a few hours ago. When you reserve a lab, remember that you can adjust the duration of labs up to 7 days to meet your testing needs:

AdjustingDuration.PNG

Once you've reserved a lab, you will receive an email with lab connection information. This email will instruct you how to download and install AnyConnect. In the email, you'll also receive a network address, username, and password to connect to your lab's private network using AnyConnect VPN.

Finally, you'll want to log into the Sandbox, then click 'Lab Management' > 'Reservations' to gain access to your reservations dashboard. Click on your current reservation to enter the lab. In here, you'll see the topology you mentioned in the first post, but with IP addresses and their connection information. Hover on the resource and click the attributes button to check out their usernames and passwords.

Attributes button

Attributes.PNG

Server Attributes (i.e. UN & PW):

UNPW.PNG

Once you've connected to VPN and completed these steps, you can access the server just like they're sitting on your local network. If a server is at 10.10.20.1, just trying pinging it to verify access. Then you can try accessing it through it's normal method, such as using a web browser, SSH, or RDP.

Let me know if this works out, and if you've got additional questions.

Thanks!

Jacob

Thank you for the information you give to me, It's really hellpful, but could you please tell me where can I get help about the jabber web sdk, such as the errors when i call some function in the cwic library.

Hello Minglai,

There's a few places you can check out. Of course, start on DevNet and check out the Jabber SDK pages, which have lots of docs.

Also, you can consider asking questions in the Collaboration or Jabber communities.

Finally, you can get support through spark! You can chat with us directly and ask questions. Check that out here.

Let me know if you need more information!

Thanks!
Jacob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: