Views
Helpful
Replies

nbr2mp4 tool - where is the support?

matt.libera
Level 1
Level 1

The nbr2mp4 command line tool for Linux is available here: Utilities | WebEx

However it does not work properly after following the posted instructions. There is no support available through the traditional channels for this tool - one support tech told me in April that I should not even be able to download that tool anymore. And yet, the download remains available publicly, months later.

I've been told also that automatic conversion to MP4 is coming soon, but support doesn't explain how that will impact our site recording storage...or when the feature is expected to be released.

So we are given no way to programmatically convert to MP4 reliably, which we would like to explore doing.

How can I get a working command-line conversion tool, and/or support for this existing one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry but I believe that product is no longer supported or maintained, at this point in time we do not have any way to programmatically convert nbr files to mp4.. You can manually convert them using the WebEx Viewer @ https://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html

You'll want to speak with your account manager regarding recording directly to mp4 format, this inquiry is not related to the Developer API's and we are not the appropriate team to assist with it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry but I believe that product is no longer supported or maintained, at this point in time we do not have any way to programmatically convert nbr files to mp4.. You can manually convert them using the WebEx Viewer @ https://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html

You'll want to speak with your account manager regarding recording directly to mp4 format, this inquiry is not related to the Developer API's and we are not the appropriate team to assist with it.

OK. Thanks. I did see some other threads here on it from the past, so I figured I'd try here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: