Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling a Meeting when the number of Attendees is unknown

lushanthan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi nmorrow,

This is regarding creating a Meeting Session using WebEx Meeting Center APIs. Currently we create meetings using the XML APIs for a known number of users. Our WebEx license (Production) allows up to 200 users per meeting at the same time which is fine with us. Currently we are sending the attendee list when creating a meeting. Is it possible to have more than 200 users (say 1000) in the attendee list when creating a meeting and may be WebEx can restrict only 200 participants at a time (Hope this is restricted by the license).

This requirement came up from our client as for certain meetings only some of the participants join; but they want to invite all. Please provide us a solution for this. Is there any work around rather than having them in the attendee list like providing them with guest tokens? If not is it possible achieve this using other service types like Training Center/ Events Center?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Invitation list is generally informational only. Attendees do not need to be on any list to join unless you require registration or enrollment. Email content is fairly restricted when using API and we generally recommend building your own email notification system for applications that use WebEx APIs, so that you can have full control over the content and audience. I would expect some sort of restriction on the size of the invitation list for limited sessions, although it is not something I have ever tested personally, you may get a more definite answer on invitation list limitations from your WebEx account manager or a technical support representative.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Invitation list is generally informational only. Attendees do not need to be on any list to join unless you require registration or enrollment. Email content is fairly restricted when using API and we generally recommend building your own email notification system for applications that use WebEx APIs, so that you can have full control over the content and audience. I would expect some sort of restriction on the size of the invitation list for limited sessions, although it is not something I have ever tested personally, you may get a more definite answer on invitation list limitations from your WebEx account manager or a technical support representative.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: