Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2911/2921 Easyqos

Khurram Noor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing some issues with applying easyqos on a couple of router i.e. 2911 and 2921. Easyqos is policy keeps failing on these router, both are running IOS 15.5M3. Can someone please assist.

APIC-EM version is 1.2.0.1594

Regards,

-KN

6 Replies 6

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Khurram.

Can you please refer this video - Cisco APIC-EM EasyQoS Demo on Vimeo

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Thanks Geevarghese,

I saw the video and it was helpful. I just looked at the logs and found following messages appearing for the QoS on the devices where it is failing.

Error while applying policy version 2 on scope POLICY_WAN on deviceIP 10.251.1.1 reason 10.251.1.1:Internal_Error:APIC QoS Deployment failed:FAILURE : [QoS configuration failed: No valid configuration FeaturePart found in the device package: apicem_deviceprofileapicem_ios_router_deviceprofileeventbased_archiveindexes_IOSgeneric_deviceconfigisr-aems-extensionpfr-deviceprofilesam_ios_profilesam_nbar. Cannot complete configuration.-CONFIG_037]

I checked the nbar capability on the router and its capable of doing it. Can you assist.

Regards,

-KN

Alright i dig further into this and found that both of my router i.e. 2911 and 2921 were not having nbar2 enabled. I used below post to get through this step

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11783746/nbar2-protocol-pack

I tried applying the QoS again and this time i could see a lot of "ip nbar attibute" commands on the router, however i couldn't see any policy map applied to my WAN interface. I changed the description to #WAN#rateM#SPPprofile# convention but still cant see any policy-map applied to the interface.

Not sure how to get through this..if someone can help.

Regards,

-KN

HI KN,

can can you give the exact description please?

That is just a template.

e.g. #WAN#50M#SP4# is a 50m link

Adam

Hi adam,

this is the exact discription i used.

#WAN#2M#SPP3#

Regards,

-KN

Hi Khurram,

After you tag the interface with the description, you have to wait for the next inventory cycle for APIC-EM to learn about those interface updates. Quick way is to check your config in the inventory to see if you see the description there...

As a side note, we just released 1.3 release. You may want to upgrade to 1.3 and give it a try. EasyQoS has received lots of improvement as it has gone GA. If you still see the issue, please come back and let us know.

Thanks

-Ramit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community