Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP Notifications

pyanamandra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are building a Server application that will connect to the Finesse Server and receive notifications about various agents in a team like agent state changes like ready, not ready and also receive call notifications like call answered, call hung up, dialing etc. We are using XMPP Notification service of Finesse.

My question is regarding which objects to subscribe, is it best to subscribe at a team level or should the Server app be subscribing at an Agent level. Since this is a server app, we want to make sure that the subscription uses optimal network and hardware resources.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Param

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Agents are automatically subscribed to their User, Dialog, and the SystemInfo node. Please see the Subscription Management section of the Developer Guide for more info.

In terms of establishing the connection from the server application to the Finesse notification, you want to do it per user. So you will want to login each agent to the Finesse notification service.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Agents are automatically subscribed to their User, Dialog, and the SystemInfo node. Please see the Subscription Management section of the Developer Guide for more info.

In terms of establishing the connection from the server application to the Finesse notification, you want to do it per user. So you will want to login each agent to the Finesse notification service.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise, this server will only receive XMPP Notifications for Agent and Call/Dialog messages. Do you still recommend subscribing per user ? The documentation refers to subscribing for notifications at a team level to receive notifications about all users and their dialog/call related messages. I am trying to find out the best practice.

Hi Param,

Yes, you should still be subscribing per user. Team level notification only pertains to agent state and not dialog/call.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: