cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to implement a timer to return to Home Screen in CUCM?

raulgomez101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Whenever a user selects any function on the phone buttons, the menu displayed on the phone stays forever in there. I am attaching a picture of the Recents menu so you can understand my point.

I have received numerous complains from users that they forget to hit exit several times, and when they are ready to make a call, they realize they have not exited the menu and they have to hit exit more than once.

Is there a way to redirect the phone to the Home or Main screen after say 10 secs ? This would really improve the user acceptance in my company.

Thank you.

RJ.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RJ,

unfortunately, there is no control over this appearance on the phone.  The phone will display different display planes on the phone and no one plane can overwrite another.  So if the last dial menu is active, the user must exit that menu before viewing another menu. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RJ,

unfortunately, there is no control over this appearance on the phone.  The phone will display different display planes on the phone and no one plane can overwrite another.  So if the last dial menu is active, the user must exit that menu before viewing another menu. 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Morning Daniel.

We updgraded our call manager to version 10.5.2.13901-2 for another problem and guess what ? Now the system has this feature. Whenever you are in a menu and you don't press any key or button, the phone goes back to main menu after 30 secs. Fantastic.

Thank you Cisco.

Raul