cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any Java example project (like GetPhoneReq) to send a message?

I found the SOAP/Java demo example in which a GetPhoneReq() is used to get information from a specific phone.

Is there any Java example or tutorial with which I can send a message (CiscoIPPhoneText formatted) to a specific phone?

I have searched quite a lot, but did not yet find any tutorial or example on how to send a message to a specific phone.

Should I use JTAPI for this or modify the GetPhoneReq AXL-DEMO app by calling some kind of RPhone.sendMessage call with the appropriate parameters.

Does anybody know a good (introductory) tutorial or have a reference to more Java/Soap examples, since I found only 2 ones i.e.: HelloWorld and GetPhoneReq?

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand what you're trying to do, you don't need Java, JTAPI or anything like that.  Here's a simple HTML file that will do the trick. Of course, you don't need to do it with a form and submit, but this is just a demo.

<HTML>

<HEAD>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<FORM action="http://username@phoneip/CGI/Execute" Method="POST">

<TEXTAREA NAME="XML" rows="20" cols="80">

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<CiscoIPPhoneText>

<Text>POPUP MESSAGE!</Text>

</CiscoIPPhoneText>                

</TEXTAREA>

<BR>

<input type="submit" value="POST"/>

</FORM>

</BODY>

</HTML>

Of course, you can use just about any programming language to do that, too.

Hi Nicholas, thanks for the great tip! I had not thought about this easy solution and it works pretty well. When I tried your example it showed a popup window asking me to enter username/password. I noticed that when using http://username:password@phoneip/CGI/Execute it did not show the popup, but IMHO it is not good practice to use a visible password in the html-code.

Again thanks very much for the tip and time, have a nice day, kind regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: