cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help figuring out a CRM solution with UC560

DavidFindling
Level 1
Level 1

My law firm purchased a UC560 about five years ago.  One of the most important features was being able to integrate our phones with our computers.  Well things didn't turn out as planned.  We purchased the UCC software from Cisco only to learn it doesn't operate in a terminal server environment.  For those users who worked on PCs, the software never fulfilled its promise.

Recently, I have been hearing about cloud based solutions such as gUnify from Vonage.  We don't really want to change out our hardware for a cloud based PBX, just a way to connect our phones to our computers.  It is hard to believe that I can click on a number and dial on my cell and can't do it on my computer.

While I am somewhat knowledgeable, my eyes start to glaze when the discussion moves into telephony.  My dream is being able to click to call, check my call log so I can bill for calls which I forgot and functions which I probably don't even know exist.  I have heard that there are TAPI issues with the UC560 series but I also presume there is some solution out there.  I just don't know where to look.

I would appreciate any input and suggestions.

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

UC 560 customers start to transition to business edition 6K. With that you can use client like jabber to do click to call from desktop and control your physical phone or make soft phone calls

Jabber for Windows shows supported devices operating systems so make sure you check jabber for windows release notes

For cloud Cisco can register phones to their new spark service and spark client can also do deskphone control but the spark service doesn't support every single pbx feature out there

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

UC 560 customers start to transition to business edition 6K. With that you can use client like jabber to do click to call from desktop and control your physical phone or make soft phone calls

Jabber for Windows shows supported devices operating systems so make sure you check jabber for windows release notes

For cloud Cisco can register phones to their new spark service and spark client can also do deskphone control but the spark service doesn't support every single pbx feature out there

Thanks

Srini

Srinvasan:

I appreciate the suggestion that if I purchase a new system, it will perform the functions for which I have already paid Cisco.

My experience with Cisco has been disappointing.  When we shopped for phones and the UC560, the Unified Communications software was the basis for our selection.  Integrating our phones with our desktops was the core problem which we wanted to solve.  It was only after the purchase did we learn that it didn't work in a terminal server environment.  Further, Cisco no longer supports it, having realized that it didn't perform.

I am hoping that you or other readers have a suggestion on how our existing system can perform the requested functions.  Not certain whether their would be some programming or an existing solution which would work. 

I welcome any thoughts.

David

Not sure if there is a good solution other than changing this to cloud or BE6K since as you might know already the product is EOL

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Unified Communications 560 for Small Business (UC560) - Cisco

So there won't be any future dev to support enhancements solution like u are looking for, not the response you may want to hear but just conveying the reality here.

Srinvasan:

I am a realist and accept the EOL of the UC560.  I was hoping that I might find a solution, possibly not from Cisco, that might meet my needs. 

David