Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh APIC-EM Install - Unable to Login

mikedeyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

New to APIC-EM. Today I downloaded ISO and installed in VMWare Workstation on laptop for evaluation.

During installation I opted to not create additional accounts and only use "root".

After first installation, I attempted to login at console using "root" and failed to authenticate. Thinking perhaps I fat-fingered the password during installation I deleted the VM, created a new one, and re-installed specifying a very simple password just in case (I specified "cisco" as the root password).

After the second installation, I still cannot authenticate at console CLI.

Any suggestions? Thx for any help.

-Mike

5 Replies 5

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

there should always be a "grapevine" user to connect to CLI.

The other account that is created is for http access, via UI.

Can you try to login with user "grapevine" and the password you provided

Thanks for the feedback.

grapevine / cisco fails to authenticate

Do I need to re-install and specify "grapevine" when asked to create

additional users or is this a "built-in" user-account?

It is a built in user, and cannot be changed.  You will have been asked for a password for the grapevine user when you did the install.

Linux Username : identifies the Linux (Grapevine) username used for CLI access to the Grapevine root and clients.

The default is 'grapevine' and cannot be changed.

Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module Deployment Guide, Release 1.2.x - Deploying the …

Hi Mike,

are you still having issues with this?

Adam

stacbrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Did this work? APIC-Em on VMWare Workstation? 

I was planning to do this for lab purposes, but because VMWare Workstation is not listed as a supported virtual machine for APIC-EM, not sure if the image will successful operate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community