Helpful
Replies

CUIC Drilldown not working as expected

ckulisz01
Level 1
Level 1

Based on documents.

Note    

You cannot drilldown to a report based on an Anonymous Block or a Stored Procedure.

You cannot drilldown to or from a report based on Real Time Streaming.    

I expect to be able to create a Drill down From a SP or Anonymous black.

But I cannot map DateFields From Report A to Report B Unless the Fields are named exactly the same.

Also I cannot Map a RolledUp version to Drill into due to this reason.

(Monthly rollup report) Interval Monthy,DateFrom,DateTo

Dill down ->   Pass In Date Range From/To cannot be done. As only  Specify a hard date/Relative date or Match exact name.

No ability to Map FieldA1 >= FieldB1  and FieldA2 <=FieldB1

Where I would even have the From/To insde Fields on my report for roll up.

Preference would be to Pass in the Parameter values From the Source Report to the Drill Down.

DrillDown1.PNG

ciscomarketing-adminDrilldown2.PNG

Can you please fix this BUG as It makes drilldown not very friendly and usable as I need to rollup the data Due to rowlimit of rendering.admin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

I discussed with Raj today & the above is working as designed. 

To obtain the parameters back in the result set, I believe that can be done in the Stored Procedure. So no enhancement is required in CUIC for that. However, to be able to perform field1 >= FromDate and field2 <= ToDate type of comparisons on the target report in a drilldown requires enhancements in CUIC application. Today, it allows only exact matches today. This is not a bug, This is working currently as designed. Your request will be a feature enhancement.”

Currently there is no plan to address this but if you wish I can add this to the backlog & look at this in next release timeframe.

Thanks,

Vikram G

CUIC Product Manager

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rajagkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Are you saying that there should be an ability to pass the source report's filter parameters information to the target report?

2) Are you also asking for an ability to use the chosen Date / Time field's value should be comparable using <=, >= etc in the drill down filter?

To paraphrase question #2, Are you saying that if the row in which you clicked on the source report has a date time cell with value, let's say 2016-10-31 and in the target report you want to see all records Less than / Greater than 2016-10-31 (in addition to the possibility of using Equal to today)?

well I would like for Store Procedure driven drill downs to work. By mapping to parameters/Data Field. But If I cannot have that

I would like a work around. Where I can return my parameters in the result set of the report definition as columns and then be able to map those given columns to the drill down data.

In the current case the way Date/Time works it only lets you drillthrough on the exact matching field and value.

So yes being able to specify something such as.

Parameters: @fromDate,@ToDate

Result Set: field1,field2,FieldN,fromDate=@FromDate,toDate=@toDate

drill throgough 

Report X -> field1 >= FromDate  , Field1 <= toDate

To would constitute a working compromise to actually fixing drill through for Parameters/field combinations.

Ex.

@fromDate,@ToDate

Field1,Field2,Field3,FieldN

Drill through

Report N -> @fromDate =@FromDate, @toDate = @toDate , @param1 = Field2, @Param2 = Field3

The above example is how a drill through works in most reporting technologies.

Hi Chris,

I discussed with Raj today & the above is working as designed. 

To obtain the parameters back in the result set, I believe that can be done in the Stored Procedure. So no enhancement is required in CUIC for that. However, to be able to perform field1 >= FromDate and field2 <= ToDate type of comparisons on the target report in a drilldown requires enhancements in CUIC application. Today, it allows only exact matches today. This is not a bug, This is working currently as designed. Your request will be a feature enhancement.”

Currently there is no plan to address this but if you wish I can add this to the backlog & look at this in next release timeframe.

Thanks,

Vikram G

CUIC Product Manager