cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoRemoteTerminal Registration Type

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

The JTAPI developers guide indicates that CiscoRemoteTerminal getRegistrationType() returns either EXTEND_MEDIA_REGISTRATION or NO_EXTEND_MEDIA_REGISTRATION.  The guide later states:

EXTEND_MEDIA_REGISTRATION = 8

This registration type applies to CUCSF device that is registered in Extend mode, which as a result is representing as a CiscoRemoteTerminal.

NO_EXTEND_MEDIA_REGISTRATION = 0

This registration type applies to non-CUCSF device that is static registered and is representing as CiscoRemoteTerminal, such as CTI Remote Device.

It is understood that CUCSF is Cisco Unified Client Services Framework, but it I'm not clear on what it means to be a CUCSF or non-CUCSF device.  In my test lab, the 2 CiscoRemoteTerminals I am using for extend and connect are both of type NO_EXTEND_MEDIA_REGISTRATION.

Could you clarify the meaning and use this registration type in more practical terms?  Should I need to care about it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

register API for remote terminal is deprecated in 9.1.1 and some of these should have been removed as well. CUCM auto registers Remote Terminals and applications shouldn't use the registration type for Cisco Remote Terminal.

void  register()

Deprecated.

This method is being deprecated from 9.1.1 and later due to removal of extend and connect support in CUCSF.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

register API for remote terminal is deprecated in 9.1.1 and some of these should have been removed as well. CUCM auto registers Remote Terminals and applications shouldn't use the registration type for Cisco Remote Terminal.

void  register()

Deprecated.

This method is being deprecated from 9.1.1 and later due to removal of extend and connect support in CUCSF.

Thanks Mohan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: