Views
Helpful
Replies

Height of EmbeddedWebApp Gadget

Robert Dawson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to amend the height of the EmbeddedWebApp Gadget in Cisco Finesse.

I've tried to set the height and width in EmbeddedWebApp.js as I've seen accross the community but still can't get it to increase.

var html = '<iframe src="' + _urlToLoad + '" id="displayFrame"  width="100%" height="700"></iframe>';

Has anyone been able to achieve this? I have attached the sample code we are using.

FinesseHeight.JPG

Many thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From your screenshot, it shows that you are using UCCX 10.6.

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue using the code you provided. I think that the gadget is being cached and is not taking the changes you made. After logging into the Finesse desktop, can you add "&nocache" to the URL. This should cause the desktop to not use the cache to load the gadget.

On a side note, one thing I noticed was in the gadget code (EmbeddedWebApp.xml), I see it referencing the finesse.js as 10.5:

<!-- jQuery 1.5 -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>

<!-- Finesse Library -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="finesse-10.5.1.js"></script>

Can you change that to reference the finesse.js on the box (for 10.6):

<!-- jQuery -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/jquery.min.js"></script>

<!-- Finesse Library -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/finesse.js"></script>

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From your screenshot, it shows that you are using UCCX 10.6.

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue using the code you provided. I think that the gadget is being cached and is not taking the changes you made. After logging into the Finesse desktop, can you add "&nocache" to the URL. This should cause the desktop to not use the cache to load the gadget.

On a side note, one thing I noticed was in the gadget code (EmbeddedWebApp.xml), I see it referencing the finesse.js as 10.5:

<!-- jQuery 1.5 -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.9.1.min.js"></script>

<!-- Finesse Library -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="finesse-10.5.1.js"></script>

Can you change that to reference the finesse.js on the box (for 10.6):

<!-- jQuery -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/jquery.min.js"></script>

<!-- Finesse Library -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/desktop/assets/js/finesse.js"></script>

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks so much for your help Denise, the gadget is now rendering at the correct height.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the gadget doesn’t render correctly when I’ve opened the Custom tab from the ‘Home’ tab.

For example, if the user selects the tab while they’re on the ‘My statistics’ or ‘Manage call’ tab the gadget renders correctly, but if the user selects the tab from ‘Home they only see a white box. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

That is strange. There shouldn't be any difference between selecting the tab from the 'My Statistics' versus 'Home'. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue and the gadget was rendering correctly from all of the tabs. I suggest opening up the browser's developer tools and see what happens on the console.

Also, if you attach the client logs after reproducing the issue, I can take a look to see if there is any difference between the two scenarios.

Thanx,

Denise

I seem to have resolved it by adding this line to the XML content:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

All I need to know now is how to add HTTP content without internet explorer complaining that it’s not HTTPS!

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I am not sure if it is possible to add HTTP content without IE complaining about mixed mode. I am sure google may have the answer for you.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: