Views
Helpful
Replies

Python pnp server workings?

bsestan71
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upload a configuration with the  upgrade-config task on a switch in my local network by using the pnpserver.py script.

It's not showing any errors but it doesn't seem to work either.

Changes that I did:

I've placed and compiled the pnpserver.py on a windows 2008 server, changed the policy file just for the upgrade-config part, created a self-signed certificate for HTTPs testing in OpenSSL. Regarding the signal handler request (SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2) , I've terminated it by putting the SIGTERM instead.

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, sig_handler_usr1)

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, sig_handler_usr2)

I know signal handlers are a UNIX "thing" so I didn't know what to do else.

Can you give me some inputs to use the script to make it actually work? Is there any documentation for the pnpserver.py

I don't have experiences of using python scripts for network automation and management.

The executing command is

python pnp_server.py --http --port 9443 -f service-template.xml  --preconfig policy -i 10.x.x.x where 10.x.x.x is the IP address of the web server where the script is executed

The switch is IE 3000 -8TC, IOS: 15.2(5)E

3 Replies 3

nan.zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also interested in PnP for cisco router automation configuration. Would you please share your pnp-server.py script with me. I am so interested in how to build the communication from pnp server with pnp client.

Please drop me a line at nan.zhang@ursys.com.au

Much appreciated! Nanzhang

Don't see any answer, consider post this question in

Standard Device Interfaces & Models

?

Hi Yawchen,

Thanks for your reply. I have not successfully implement the PnP, do you have any idea or suggestions about this issue? Thanks.

Warm regards,

Nan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community