cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of MS SQL Server in CUCM 9.1 Sandbox

Cary Hatteberg
Level 1
Level 1

Over the last three days, I have been trying to install MS SQL Server onto a CUCM 9.1 Sandbox. Fail over and over. I have tried to install, MS SQL Server Express 2016, 2014, and 2008. 4.5 hours to download an image and it fails in the last 5 minutes. Is it even possible?? It shouldn't be this hard. I downloaded directly from MS website SQL Server Express 2016. That gives me an error 'Cannot find group with identity S-1-5-21-369405824-3366594147-2660737736-1604.' which seems to refer to ‘SECURITY_NT_NON_UNIQUE’ = “SIDS are not Unique’. Today, I downloaded an older SQL Server Express 2008 iso that we give to our customers and it doesn't fail to install, but there is nothing on the server after the install completes. No services. No errors. The only indication I see is a reference in the Remove Programs list.

Are there restrictions in the Sandbox?? Has anyone else installed SQL Server in a Sandbox?? If so, what version did you use??

Thanks...

9 Replies 9

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cary,

What sandbox server are you installing the software on? I presume its the Win2008 server?

Joe

The vm O.S. is Windows Server 2012 R2. I don't recall seeing an option to choose the O.S. I need a testing environment to text our app accessing a CUCM 9.1 system. I really don't care about which O.S. is used, as long as I can run my app. We do use a SQL Server db and will also need to install it before installing our app and this has been my problem.

Thanks

Hi Cary,

Do you have an active 9.1 reservation right now? If so, I can add a new windows box to your lab. if not, please spin up a new 9.1 lab now and we can add it then.

let me know.

Joe

Yes, I do. User Name is Locarvey64.

Thanks,

Cary Hatteberg

ok good. I have extended your reservation until the end of the week to compensate for the issues you faced. I will add a clean windows 2012 server to you environment. I will reach out to you with the details.

Regards,

Joe

I have not heard back and the reservation expired over the weekend. I really don't understand why it is so difficult to install a clean MS SQL Server on these VMs. Our product runs on it, so we have installed and used it for years. While we would have wanted to do some desk testing in the VM, we are just going to move forward on our own.

Thanks

Cary,

Apologies for the delay. We can spin up another lab for you.

Are you available for a call later today? Probably best to chat about this over a webex.

Regards,

Joe Kearns

Joe,

Thanks for the follow up.

I do appreciate your help, but at this point, it is not worth it to us to spend any more time troubleshooting the installation.

We are working through a sudden SSL/TLS communication problem with several CUCM 9.1 systems. Initially we weren’t sure how to diagnose the cause, but now we are starting to believe that it could be related to certificate handling.

This problem came on suddenly and only affects some customers, not all of them. This caused us to think it was based on individual implementations of the CUCMs and not the CUCM itself. We have already started work on addressing this at the SSL level. Therefore, I am very skeptical that we could even replicate the problem in the Sandbox.

Again, thanks for your willingness to help, but I think we will pass on spend more time with the Sandbox.

Thanks,

Cary Hatteberg

Hi Cary,

We sincerely apologise for not getting back to you sooner on this and the experience you had. Support over weekends can sometimes be minimal but we are working on improving this.

We would be happy to work with you again on a 1-1 basis and work through the issue you had.

Best Regards,

Support