cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM - iWAN Tab on left missing

dandemer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am missing iWAN and at least 1 more menu/section item on the left menu pane. I marked them with a red circle. I just deployed APIC-EM on a bare metal UCS appliance to 1.2.1.691.

Why am I missing these menu items? We want to test iWAN. The items marked in RED circles ARE NOT on my fresh install of APIC-EM.

iwan missing.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

iWAN is officially not supported in 1.2.1.691. If you want to try the EFT build for iWAN, it'd be 1.2.1.686.

Having said that, there's no upgrade path supported on EFT build, that is, you can not upgrade from 1.2.1.686 to 1.3.0.X. You will have to do a fresh install of 1.3.0.X. However, if you are not bothered about upgrading to 1.3.0.X, you can try 1.2.1.686.

Additionally, there're couple of key features and important bug-fixes that made it to 1.3.0.X. The latest release candidate 1.3.0.4383 is undergoing comprehensive, intensive testing. Official release would be out any day soon. We'd recommend using 1.3.0.X official release build for iWAN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

iWAN is officially not supported in 1.2.1.691. If you want to try the EFT build for iWAN, it'd be 1.2.1.686.

Having said that, there's no upgrade path supported on EFT build, that is, you can not upgrade from 1.2.1.686 to 1.3.0.X. You will have to do a fresh install of 1.3.0.X. However, if you are not bothered about upgrading to 1.3.0.X, you can try 1.2.1.686.

Additionally, there're couple of key features and important bug-fixes that made it to 1.3.0.X. The latest release candidate 1.3.0.4383 is undergoing comprehensive, intensive testing. Official release would be out any day soon. We'd recommend using 1.3.0.X official release build for iWAN.

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's the snippet from release notes for 1.2.1.691 indicating iWAN is disabled in that build.Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 10.21.51 AM.png

Great info, in my haste to push out APIC-EM for demo purposes I missed that warning. Thank you!

1.3 is out today!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community