Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Miner - Chat notifications

michael.manea1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

we're using the Social Miner for Chat since some days in Version 10.6.
Unfortunately our Agents will not get any notification or toaster when a customer request a Chat.

In case we don't want to miss a Chat the Agent also need to always keep a eye on the browser and
hit the "accept" button in the Finesse Window.

I heard that this will be fixed in Version 11 with a toaster.

Is there any workaround e.g. with a Gadge or JavaScript to get this function into 10.6?

Best regards
Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi michael.manea1,

First of all, apologies for the delay in response.

We're coming back from a big holiday week in India.

Toaster notifications for incoming chat and emails has been implemented in CCX 11.5 onwards. Unfortunately, this functionality is built-in to the email and chat gadgets that are shipped with CCX and SocialMiner, and we are currently not looking at porting this functionality back into 10.6. Since this feature requires finesse desktop to actually support the capability of showing toaster notifications (built only since 11.5), I'm afraid there is no workaround possible.

Can I encourage you to upgrade your deployment to 11.5 so you can get these features?

However, to address the problem of agents missing a chat, we already have a feature built into release 10.6 where an audible sound alert is played on the finesse desktop upon an incoming chat being offered to the agent. So, even if an agent isn't focusing on finesse desktop, he can realize about an incoming chat as soon as he hears the audible alert.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The SocialMiner Chat gadget is provided by the SocialMiner team. I do not know the details/code of the gadget enough to recommend a workaround. I will move this thread to the SocialMiner forum where they can (probably) better serve you.

Thanx,

Denise

Someone any idea?

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi michael.manea1,

First of all, apologies for the delay in response.

We're coming back from a big holiday week in India.

Toaster notifications for incoming chat and emails has been implemented in CCX 11.5 onwards. Unfortunately, this functionality is built-in to the email and chat gadgets that are shipped with CCX and SocialMiner, and we are currently not looking at porting this functionality back into 10.6. Since this feature requires finesse desktop to actually support the capability of showing toaster notifications (built only since 11.5), I'm afraid there is no workaround possible.

Can I encourage you to upgrade your deployment to 11.5 so you can get these features?

However, to address the problem of agents missing a chat, we already have a feature built into release 10.6 where an audible sound alert is played on the finesse desktop upon an incoming chat being offered to the agent. So, even if an agent isn't focusing on finesse desktop, he can realize about an incoming chat as soon as he hears the audible alert.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hello Nagendra,

thank for your feedback, we're already planing an update to the newest UCCX version but cause we have an 24/7 Hotline it needs a lot of planing and fallback plans.

I didn't know that there is a sound when a chat request will played. Is there a way to change this audiofile to have a more

noticeable sound?

Best regards

Michael

Hi michael.manea1,

The audio sound that is played is pretty loud. If your agents have headphones on them, or have speakers turned on, they should be able to hear this.

(The sound you hear when someone pings you on Cisco Jabber - that is exactly the same sound we have built-in here)

Is it the case that they hear the sound, but miss it sometimes due to low volume? Just trying to understand better.

There is currently no way to change the audio to a different sound. Do let me know if your agents are able to hear the sound but think it is not loud enough. I can take this feedback to my user-experience team and we can come up with something better if needed.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hello Nagendra,

i just checked yesterday with the Finesse Chat Sound Alert, i think the sound to unimpressive to get noticed by the Agent.
That's why i'am asking if there is a way to change the soundfile with an more thrilling one.

Maybe it is possible to replace the audiofile on the server?

Thanks!

Best regards
Michael

Hi michael.manea1,

I'll take your feedback about this back to my team. We'll consider replacing the audio to something better and more louder.

As far as changing it is concerned, I'm afraid there is no way exposed to upload a new audio file into the system. We'll have to change the code in the system if we were to do this.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi Nagendra,

Do we have any updates on this for the 11.6 release? Is it now possible to have control/change the audio file for the toaster notification?

Thanks!

Hi Sheena,

No, it is still not possible in 11.6 to control/change the audio prompt for the toaster notification.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for the confirmation. Any plans to include this in the next updates?

Thanks,

Sheena

Hi Sheena,

Well, I'd check with our product managers (girishv, snandi).

Can you please reach out to them, and they will be able to confirm?

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Hi Nagendra,

Noted on this, thank you!

Regards,

Sheena

HI Sheena,

There are two things here. If you are referring to the 'Toaster Notification' provided by browser, then various browsers provide various mechanisms to update the sound file.

The toaster notification comes in when agent is away from the Finesse window itself.

For the built in sound alert for incoming new chat (agent is on Finesse), we do not have the means to configure it. We really did not want to add a configuration for this in the spirit of Admin simplicity.

So would you be OK if we permanently replaced the file with a louder and longer duration alert (sound file)?

Thanks

Shantanu

Hi Shantanu,

Appreciate the response, thank you!

I have been looking on a workaround from the browser perspective, as you have mentioned we have to look at the two things in here. Please feel free to let me know if I am not looking at the right sources but I think sound notifications are not available yet. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Notification/sound

For the sound alert, just wanted to know if we could have an option of modifying it to a different sound, e.g. a longer duration, or a customized alert/message that can be recorded. Understand that we have come a long way with the introduction of the toaster notification in the 11.5 release though, just putting this out there as well.

Thanks,

Sheena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: