cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I show anything (alert, pop up, notification, etc) to agent when a call wass disconnected?

Valber Carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, how are you? I hope that you fine.

So, my customer has a Finesse v10.5, they are using a gadget that I developed to callback to its final customers when a call is disconnected during a conversation.

The problem is Finesse software is always behind of the Customer registration software, and when the call is disconnected the agent does not realize. Because of this, the agent does not click to callback button configured in gadget. This button to callback is only available for five seconds during the wrap up time.

Is there any way (using the gadget) to alert (with pop ups, bliking the icon on task bar, etc)  the agent when the call is disconnected unexpectedly?

I tryied something using JavaScript, but I did not have any success.

After read other foruns (https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12694446/disable-finesse-popup-1051-using-ie) I saw that we can change the browser behavior but there are some limitations:

- A new call arrives on the desktop.

- You are signed out due to failover or inactivity.

- A supervisor signs you out.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Valber Carvalho.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Denise,

Thank you for reply me.

After some tests in lab, I have tested the alert box again, but the results were not satisfactory.

So, I tried another solution: window.focus(). The lab works perfectly this way. The  Finesse/Desktop will be in front of all aplications opened when the call is disconnected, the agent will be able to click to callback during the wrap up time now.

I used IE11 and Firefox 49.0.2 during the tests.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Valber Carvalho

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would suggest trying to use HTML5 notifications. I tried a couple of JavaScript alerts, but the only thing that was successful was an alert box, which probably doesn't help too much.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you for reply me.

After some tests in lab, I have tested the alert box again, but the results were not satisfactory.

So, I tried another solution: window.focus(). The lab works perfectly this way. The  Finesse/Desktop will be in front of all aplications opened when the call is disconnected, the agent will be able to click to callback during the wrap up time now.

I used IE11 and Firefox 49.0.2 during the tests.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Valber Carvalho

Hi Valber,

I'm glad that you found something satisfactory. I tried window.focus(), but it didn't work for me. It was probably because of my lab setup in terms of the browsers.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Using IE11, I did not do anything and the window.focus() worked perfectly.

But using Firefox 49.0.2 It was necessary to change the option dom.disable_window_flip as 'false' on about:config (advanced settings)

Thank you,

Valber Carvalho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: