Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating custom gadget in UCCX Sandbox

rls1234
Level 1
Level 1

I'm totally new to this!

I'm trying to install a sample gadget, and the first thing it says to do is to upload a file to the Finesse server.

So I'm using Putty SSH to try to do this.  Is that correct?

I'm using login "3rdpartygadget" and I am getting "access denied" response.

If this is the correct procedure, why am I getting "access denied?"

If I am on the wrong track, please guide me.

Thank you.

Roy

8 Replies 8

jacoadam
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Roy,

Looking into this to see what's going on. I think I can find someone with a little more knowledge on Finesse Gadgets to take a look at this issue. Are you following a guide or learning lab? Please link it in your response!

But just a few comments, in order to a file to the Finesse Server I believe you have to use an FTP server to do this. You could use an application like FileZilla to quickly get up and running with one. Then Finesse can grab the files via FTP or SFTP. In the setup, you would configure the access credentials on your FTP server.

What kind of file are you trying to upload?

Thanks!
Jacob

Thanks for the response.  I dug around some more and found a tutorial which told me how to set the password on the 3rdpartygadget account.  And then my PC decided to stop working!  Finally restored late last night.  Today I'm getting back into this - first need to locate the tutorial again, then pick up where I left off...

Upload with a tool like Putty using SSH.

I need to load files related to the custom gadget I am building.

Awesome!

I'm going to see if my colleague who's experienced with Finesse can help you out!

Good luck with your PC!

Thanks!

Jacob

Hi Roy,

Here are the instructions to set the password on the 3rdpartygadget account via CLI: https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide4.1/CFIN_RF_P3DE8B2D_00_password-for-3rdpartygadget-account.html

Here are the instructions on how to upload to the gadgets to the Finesse server via sftp: https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide4.1/CFIN_RF_U1D810BD_00_upload-third-party-gadgets.html

I personally like using FileZilla much better than having to use command line sftp. The user would be 3rdpartygadget with the password you set via CLI. The IP/Host will be of the uccx server and if I remember correctly, it is hq-uccx.abc.inc on this sandbox. Put your gadget files in /files, lets say /files/Sample/sample.xml. Then in the desktop layout, it would be <gadget>/3rdpartygadget/files/Sample/sample.xml</gadget>

I hope this helps!

Thanx,

Denise

Yes, most helpful!  Thank you.

I would like to know if there is a way to "unit test/debug" gadgets before loading to Finesse server.  That would significantly shorten development time for a beginner like me.

Hi,

The only thing you can do is run your javascript against a code quality tool, I've used jsLint. Other than that, you just have to load it to the Finesse server. Do note that there is caching for the Finesse gadget so sometimes when you load a new version of the file, it is actually not showing your changes. The best way to avoid this is to add &nocache to the end of the Finesse desktop URL.

Thanx,

Denise

Your suggestions have been most helpful!  I'm moving along with my new gadget.

But I am having an issue.

All of my code appears to function correctly.  Except when the gadget exits out of a function, I get this:

Missing or malformed url parameter

Any idea what is causing this?

The bad url is (took from the error note at bottom)

Appears to be missing the tab name after the “#”

https://finesse.dev.c-iv.ivr:8443/desktop/container/?locale=en_US&nocache#

Hi,

Hm. I haven't seen that before. I would suggest using the browser debugger tool to figure out which exact step is causing this error. I added &nocache# after the url on my Finesse setup and it loads just fine. Having the tab name isn't mandatory.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: