cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse + JabberSDK work with ES6?

harjassingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Since most modern web frameworks have adopted ES6 as their primary means/syntax for development, I was wondering if Finesse and JabberSDK work inside of ES6 classes and will they be compatible with a library like React?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Harjas,

I checked with the Finesse architect and he stated:

Finesse Javascript is currently running within the ES6 Javascript engines in Firefox and Chrome, but don’t use any of the ES6 feature set explicitly. We have not tested Finesse JS with other libraries like React or Angular, so we don't know if it works or not.

If you can get the Finesse JS to work with other libraries such as React, then feel free to use it as such, but it will not be supported if you run into any issues.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Harjas,

I checked with the Finesse architect and he stated:

Finesse Javascript is currently running within the ES6 Javascript engines in Firefox and Chrome, but don’t use any of the ES6 feature set explicitly. We have not tested Finesse JS with other libraries like React or Angular, so we don't know if it works or not.

If you can get the Finesse JS to work with other libraries such as React, then feel free to use it as such, but it will not be supported if you run into any issues.

Thanx,

Denise

zumbt_busu
Level 1
Level 1

I use Finesse JS with Angular and it works.