Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Video Conferencing - Integration with SharePoint

nikhil_sinha
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

We are looking for API or any other way to show the currently running WebEx Video Conferening Meeting in SharePoint.I have got the API enabled as part of enterpise plan but these API from Cisco WebEx are specific to Pre and Post Meeting XML API’s  as per the documentation provided in the Cisco Developer Forum/Network.

Are there any such API present which can be exposed for consumption to external system to provide such a user experience.

If not is there any way this can be embedd using Ifram or any 3rd part WebPart to any Web pages as such.

Any help or inputs regarding this will be really great for us to move forward for desiging the solution.

Nikhil,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

There are no API's that interact with a meeting in progress, let alone the experience you are seeking.. For security purposes we do not permit our pages to be loaded up in frames, or iframes.

I do not believe we have the capabilities to embed actual meetings into 3rd party integrations.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

There are no API's that interact with a meeting in progress, let alone the experience you are seeking.. For security purposes we do not permit our pages to be loaded up in frames, or iframes.

I do not believe we have the capabilities to embed actual meetings into 3rd party integrations.

nikhil_sinha
Level 1
Level 1

@Ryan Hunt

Okay so there is no way of handling this requirement from WebEx Video Conferencing is what I understand.

And I presume using the Account Manager Route will also not help because the API itself doesn't exists.

Also when you say that embed actual meeting in the webpage cannot be done so even the WebEx Productivity Tool cannot be embed or IFrame.

The WebEx Productivity tool is an standalone application, not a web application.. You cant embed any desktop executable into an iframe; However you could use the WebEx XML API's to create a web version equivalent of the Productivity tools and embed them into your website however you like.

nikhil_sinha
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

Is there a way to have custom develop this functionality using the developer program if yes what is the process and what would the overall estimate for developing custom APIs or Widgets for the customer.

Will Cisco Development team be able to take this as customer specific requirement and come up with specific product/APIs?

We really need to get this feature enabled for our collaboration platform.

Nikhil

Cisco does not do custom API development; the developer program is for developers doing custom development on there own.

Hey Ryan,

In that case if I understand we cannot achieve the requirement as mentioned in the first mail.

Also my customer wanted to know what is the security breach which doesn't allow you to "not permit our pages to be loaded up in frames, or iframes".??

This is one of the important requirement that we had and we are having enterprise license for WebEX but stiil we cannot integrate to our portal to give my user a unified collaboration experience.

Thanks anyway for all your help with this regards.

Nikhil

I believe the issue lies with Cross Site and Cross Frame Scripting vulnerabilities, such as this example: Cross Frame Scripting - OWASP

You can create a portal using our XML API's very much like the native web interface you have available by default; however programing/integrating such a project would require development on your end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: