cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NOT ANSWERED - XML API call to start event / training with alternate host

bbalzarini
Level 1
Level 1

When I call GetHostUrlMeeting for an event using credentials of a host that did not create the event I get an error message back that looks like "Access denied, additional privileges are required".

How can I grant those additional privileges?  Is it possible for a host that did not create the event to start the event?

Message was edited by: Ben Balzarini

3 Replies 3

atchuta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi bbalzarini,

Even i too facing same problem why it's not working whether host url is mistake or what let me know i u found

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

The host has to be specified as an alternate host in the session's configuration.. The element altHost can be set true and additional hosts defined.

How can the session's configuration be manipulated?

The element altHost only appears once in the WebEx XML API Reference Guide.  It is in the 'Elements in WebEx XML Schema Definitions for the General Session Service'.  The reference guide does not indicate where this element can be used at all.  I also can not find it in any of the xsd's provided.

From the documentation:

altHostOptional. Valid values are TRUE and FALSE.

Determines if a session invites an alternative host that is specified in <hostWebExID> or <hostEmail>.

An example of usage of this element would be extremely helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: