Views
Helpful
Replies

Finess loggout when open Excel/word

lizuo.yue1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone:

we had CM upgraded to 11.0(1) on 3 months ago, Finess also upgraded to 11.0(1)

client running Finess on IE10, but client report when they open any word/Excel file, Finess session on IE will be closed randomly.

Has anyone experienced same issue or has any clue?

Thank you

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I tried reproducing this issue and was unable to. I chose to open the word doc in both Microsoft word and "open in browser". I honestly don't think that it is related. Finesse is just a web page and the only way for it to be closed is if someone clicked the X to close it, the browser loads another page in the window, or something is able to use javascript to close it via windows.close(). This would be the case for any site.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If some random page is opened on IE10, does the same thing happen where that page closes randomly? Are they clicking a link from these word/excel documents? I see a thread that says that clicking a link from a microsoft program causes IE to crash: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a2c1b98a-2259-4d70-b15b-ceb2eb549e50/ie-crashes-when-i-click-on-a-link-to-open-a-word-document

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise, Thank you for your answer

1. no complains heard about this randomly close except Finess

2. my client open word/excel attachment(not URL) from outlook web portal (running on IE)

once they open word/excel document, IE tab of Finess will close randomly, outlook portal is fine, word/excel documents are fine too. not quite sure if this related.

Hi,

I tried reproducing this issue and was unable to. I chose to open the word doc in both Microsoft word and "open in browser". I honestly don't think that it is related. Finesse is just a web page and the only way for it to be closed is if someone clicked the X to close it, the browser loads another page in the window, or something is able to use javascript to close it via windows.close(). This would be the case for any site.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you very much Denise