cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I control playing video archive with API?

shkuzu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer would like to do the following

They are looking forward to using API for learning management system

1. Can they embed the video player in a HTML?
  2. Can they control "play" "pause" and "stop" with API?
  3. Can WebEx log the video start time/end time? (this does not matter in WebEx site or API)
  4. Can WebEx log the video seek postion when user stop(or exit) the video? (this does not matter in WebEx site or API)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can only get meetings via the NBR API in MP4 format if its a CMR Session recording; however you can still use NBR Services API to download ARF files from non-CMR recordings directly via SOAP using the DownloadFile function.

For further non-api related inquiries about NBR Services, and any costs involved please refer to your CSM or WebEx Sales.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry but none of the capabilities you are looking for are capable directly through any existing API's, you would have to retrieve the recordings using the NBR API in a MP4 format, do analytics on the resulting files and prepare them for web consumption entirely on your side.

You can find more information on the NBR API here, all it can help you do is retrieve the videos for further proccessing: https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/develop-test/nbr-web-services-api/

Hi Ryan,

Thanks your advice.

Is the API applicable only enabled CMR site?

I worry when webex record in arf format, in that case, we can't retrieve the recording url.

Regards,

Shnichi

You can only get meetings via the NBR API in MP4 format if its a CMR Session recording; however you can still use NBR Services API to download ARF files from non-CMR recordings directly via SOAP using the DownloadFile function.

For further non-api related inquiries about NBR Services, and any costs involved please refer to your CSM or WebEx Sales.

Thank you, Ryan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: