cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VBA with Cisco Jabber

Richard_90
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, I use Cisco Jabber (messenger program) at my work and I am trying to set-up an auto-reply function using VBA. When I receive a message in Jabber, I want to process the message, perform some calculative action using vba, then reply.

I have referenced the 'CUCMESSENGER 1.0 Type Library' in VBA but I do not know how to instantiate a messenger object or how to access the Jabber library functions. I am hoping someone could provide a simple example of an automated reply to get me started. All inputs are appreciated. Thank you! I am working with the following:

Sub runMessenger()

Dim obj As Object

Set obj = CUCMessengerLib.Messenger

End Sub

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber client does not provide any components or .dll's which are supported for 3rd party use (i.e. CUCMessenger.)

For interacting with CUP/IM&P, you will want to take a look at the XMPP protocol.  For example, Pidgen is an open source XMPP client that can interact well with IM&P.  You may be able to find a library/component you can use via VBA from XMPP.org's list here:

http://xmpp.org/software/libraries.html

Note, Cisco does not recommend or support any particular XMPP stack/library.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: