Views
Helpful
Replies

PKCS #12 Import failed

vishal-patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to deploy iWAN through APIC-EM iWAN app. While deploying hub site, I am getting following error -

Nov 29 21:51:37.156: CRYPTO_PKI: status = 0x747(E_EOS : end of i/o stream): Imported PKCS12 file failure

*Nov 29 21:51:37.156: %PKI-6-PKCS12IMPORT_FAIL: PKCS #12 Import Failed.

Please advise

Thanks,

Vish

9 Replies 9

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

some one else had a similar issue in this thread.

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/72808

Thank you. did debug crypto messages/transaction. Looks like the devices are contacting APIC-EM by its external IP somehow while importing certificate.

*Nov 29 22:09:06.707: CRYPTO_PKI: Copying pkcs12 from http://xx.xx.xx.xx/api/v1/trust-point/pkcs12/7bf507b5-4566-4b55-a440-d0cfcbc7a298/3c4nlc88u5tq266glql3bfq36p

xx- should be internal IP

Hopefully I will be able to fix this

Thanks,

Vish

Hi Visha,

Regarding public/private address for PKI cert import - does that mean with EM 1.3 we can not use iWAN app provisioning over INET (in which case we have no choice but to NAT the controller)? In my case, it is a dual-router LTE branch

Thanks,

Igor

[Edited 01/23/2017: Pre release 1.4, NAT'ed controller support for iWAN is for greenfield sites only. In release 1.4, we are extending that support to brownfield sites as well]

AFAIK, we do support NAT'ed controller. As long as there's a connectivity from your branch to the controller, the PKCS12 import should be fine.

APIC-EM behind NAT (NAT'ed controller) support for brownfield branch sites to be released in 1.4 release.

Is there any update on this?

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the device details here? What platform? What release of APIC-EM is in use? Which iWAN workflow is this - the hub provisioning or branch provisioning? Details like these would help us understand and troubleshoot better.

Having said that, please refer to the link Adam has given to figure out if there's any routing that's causing this in your set-up.

Additionally, there's a known issue on device side where if the certificate is more than 4K bytes of size, then PKCS import will fail. So please check the size of your cert.

Hi,

Thanks for the info (especially certificate size. will take a note of that)

Thanks,

Visha

Limitation on cert size is specific to subCA deployment. If you don't have subCA deployment, you are fine.