Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Subscription expires after after 68 minutes

glagidse1
Level 1
Level 1

As described on this page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide/CJAB_BK_C9858CC7_00_cisco-jabber-features-guide_chapter_010.html

If you subscribe to the presence of a person who is not on your contact list (also called temporary presence subscription), the subscription expires after 68 minutes. After the subscription expires, you must re-subscribe to the person’s presence in order to continue to receive presence updates.

I'm confused about two things:

1. How can I find out if a user is in my contact list from javascript if I have his/her IM address?

2. How can I be notified when a subscription has expired?

It seems unclear how to accomplish these things by reading the documentation, what am I missing?

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabberwerx.EntitySet.entity(jid, node)

Fetch method for any known-existing jabberwerx.Entity object. If the object does not already exist, `undefined` is returned.

That should tell you if the contact is in your EntitySet.  If you don't get 'undefined' as a result, that means that contact is in your roster. The "node" is optional, and you don't need to provide it. 

I don't know about subscriptions expiring, though.  I'll see what I can find about that.

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't find any API that notifies you want a subscription has expired. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: