cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Integrations Operations Manager 2016

kyle.engibous
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there are plans for the UCS Operations Manager management pack to work on Operations Manager 2016?  It appears the latest version only support Operations Manager 2012.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kyle,

Engineering is performing some scale testing.  Hopefully that will be completed within the timeframe you are looking at.

tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, the 2016 management pack is in engineering testing right now.  When do you need it?

Thanks Timothy we are in the process of deploying our UCS to production in the next few weeks so ideally it would be great if the 2016 management pack is available in the 4-8 weeks.  Does that seem like a reasonable expectation or do you have a guess as to when it may make through engineering testing?  Thanks again!

Kyle,

Engineering is performing some scale testing.  Hopefully that will be completed within the timeframe you are looking at.

tim

thomsonac
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry to hijack the thread but will there be a new vROPS management pack release as well?  I would think it would be the same engineering team?

Alex,

If by vROPS you mean VMware vRealize Operations Manage, it is an interesting assumption - that the same people who write integration to Microsoft components would write the integration to VMware components. <grin>  I am not familiar with that product as I am a Windows person, but I will see if I can find out anything.

tim

I hear you.  Probably not the exact same developers but if the teams are broken out like "UCS Monitoring Integration Development" they may have 5 developers writing for SCOM,3 for vROPS, 3 for Solarwinds, etc.  I would think that the underlying metrics and thresholds are the same across monitoring platforms as they are all monitoring the same product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer