Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Whisper coaching using JS/REST

andysteel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to initiate whisper coaching for my Supervisors using either the Javascript or RESTful services. I can see how to initiate a Silent Monitor but can't see any documentation on how to perform Whisper mode, so that the Supervisor can talk to the Agent but the customer cannot hear this.

I understand that Barge is not applicable as I don't want the customer to hear the whisper.

Is this possible using Finesse JS or RESTful service ? If not, how else can this be achieved - JTAPI?

regards,

Andy

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

As you already saw, you can initiate a Silent monitor using Finesse APIs. I am not very familiar with Whisper coaching feature. Looking at the 10.0 CUCM feature set guide, it states:

Whisper Coaching

Whisper coaching allows supervisors to talk to agents during a monitoring session. To start a whisper coaching session, a monitoring session must already be in progress. A whisper coaching session is initiated by any CTI application (JTAPI/TAPI), such as Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise or Cisco Unified Contact Center Express.

Supervisors can toggle between monitoring and whisper coaching sessions as needed using a CTI application.

To enable whisper coaching, follow the instructions to enable monitoring. No additional configuration is needed for whisper coaching.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any documentation on the UCCX or UCCE side. So I think the only way is via JTAPI. Please see the documentation here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/documents/developer-guides/index.gsp

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: