Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

etherchannel flow switchover after single link failure

I would like to know if someone can tell me how long would it usually take for a single flow to be switched over to another link in an etherchannel bundle, after the link the flow was riding on fails? In other words, what would the downtime be until the flow reappears on some other link in the bundle?

I am talking about Cat6k. If it makes a difference, I am more interested in multichassis EC in VSS deployments but any answer is appreciated.

Tried to find this information on internet but no luck.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Kachalia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bojan,

It will take sub-sec data loss to switchover flows from failed member-link to other one based on hash. You may find several fault and recovery analysis done in following design guide with Catalyst 6500 in VSS/MEC modes :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1-0/Borderless_Campus_1-0_Design_Guide/BN_Campus_HA.html

Let me know if you have any further qn...

thanks,

rahul.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Kachalia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bojan,

It will take sub-sec data loss to switchover flows from failed member-link to other one based on hash. You may find several fault and recovery analysis done in following design guide with Catalyst 6500 in VSS/MEC modes :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/Borderless_Campus_Network_1-0/Borderless_Campus_1-0_Design_Guide/BN_Campus_HA.html

Let me know if you have any further qn...

thanks,

rahul.

Thanks for this idea. Forgot about design guides. There is also VSS design guide that covers some of this, now I remembered...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: