Views
Helpful
Replies

after successful PnP

Thomas Fritz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to better understand the processes after a PnP deployment. Also in regards to the certificate issued by the APIC-EM to the respective device.

As far as I understand it, the pnp process keeps talking to the APIC-EM.

Looking at the entry of a successfully provisioned device on the APIC-EM, I have the choices to "reset" and to "delete" it.

I assume, when I delete it, the device will be removed from the database, and will end up as a "unplanned device". Will it loose its configuration, will it reload? The certificate will of course be deleted as well.

And what about the reset? What is happening when I do a reset?

And what are the implications, when the device stops talking to the APIC-EM after deployment, so when I delete the pnp profile?

Thanks,

Thomas

1 Reply 1

sairasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Delete works the same for both project and unplanned devices. It deletes the device from the database and also reloads the device. During this process the device will be restored back to its original state as it was when it first contacted APIC-EM.

Reset is only available for project devices. It does everything as `delete` except for deleting the pre-provisioning information. The device will go back to pending and start provisioning automatically after reload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community