cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[PNP]Issues with deploying bulk interface configurations on a full stack deployment

zlantz
Level 4
Level 4

I have been working on automating a majority of our deployments with APIC-EM and I currently have our C881-K9 working and single switch 3650/3850 working. When I am deploying a 3650/3850, I am wanting to apply a standard port config to the range of ports that the switch is capable of. This works fine with single switches as I am just using this in my config:

interface range GigabitEthernet1/0/$Number-of-Interfaces-ex_1-48

The correct input for this variable in form view would be 1-24 or 1-48, but when I attempt to place a comma in the variable in form view, in order to apply the standard config across switches in the stack, the job fails. I found that when ever I place a comma in form view, the corresponding config generated has this string in place of the input that I had typed in form view:

interface range GigabitEthernet1/0/[Ljava.lang.String;@4b72070e

This is supposed to say int range gi 1/0/1 - 48, gi 2/0/1 - 48

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Zak,

I am sure this was covered in another thread, but i cannot find it.  I am documenting as I was searching for this.

You can use a variable called comma.

#set($comma = ',')

interface range gigabit1/1/1-4 $comma gig2/2/2-3

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Zak,

this is an issue.  Let me check with engineering on this.  There is a patch release coming out in January that will have some enhancements for templates.

Adam

Thanks! This is basically the final piece to our zero touch deployments.

Hi Zak,

I am sure this was covered in another thread, but i cannot find it.  I am documenting as I was searching for this.

You can use a variable called comma.

#set($comma = ',')

interface range gigabit1/1/1-4 $comma gig2/2/2-3

Adam,

I did see this in the other thread, but I feel so dumb now because I was trying, literally, int range gi 1/0/1 - 48 ($comma = ',') gi 2/0/1 - 48. Now I'm just laughing at myself for not getting that I was actually supposed to make a variable for the comma character.