Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample.html in Jabber SDK for web is not working

rel_aniket
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I started with Jabber SDK for web and I've already downloaded and installed the add-on and the extension for Chrome.

I tried the sample.html and I got error like "Unable to sign in or connect: Plugin not available Plug-in is not available or has not been initialized".

What am I missing?

The Icon of Cisco Web Communicator extension is seen like it turn-off.

And I don't see the login fields for Cucm URL and password.

7 Replies 7

Javier Aparicio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an issue with the WebCommunicator. Is it related? Cisco Web Communicator chrome extension does not work with 11.8 jabber sdk

I hope somebody will help us.

Best,

Javi

Javier Aparicio
Level 1
Level 1

Any news?

I am able to install the plugin, add-on, and launch the SDK sample OK, on Win7 with the latest Firefox.

A few things you might check:

- Upgrade Chrome/Firefox to their latest versions

- Uninstall any older versions of the plugin (Cisco Web Communicator)

- Uninstall any older versions of the Chrome add-on

- Install the 11.8 plugin

- Install the 11.8 add-on for Chrome

- Install the 11.8 add-on for Firefox (note: new with 11.8 is a separate add-on for Firefox which  much be installed - in addition to the common Web Communicator plugin - in order for the solution to work under FF)

- Restart the browser

If you are still experiencing issues, we would suggest collecting the Jabber SDK plugin trace files (if any) as noted at the following URL, and opening a DevNet support ticket:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-websdk/develop-and-test/voice-and-video/troubleshooting/

https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Thank you very much for the answer. I repeated the steps before suggested without any successful result. It works for me on IE and FF, but not on Chrome.

In Chrome's logs I can see, when loading the newsample sdk page:

INFO  [0x00001984] [rc\jsdk\src\NPAPIMessageReceiver.cpp(35)] [webuc] [webuc::NPAPIMessageReceiver::receiveMessage] - Pipe between Extension and Native Host is broken. Shutting down the extension.

INFO  [0x00001984] [src\jsdk\src\StdinHandler.cpp(45)       ] [webuc] [webuc::StdinHandler::start] - Pipe is broken!

INFO  [0x00001984] [src\jsdk\src\StdinHandler.cpp(50)       ] [webuc] [webuc::StdinHandler::start] - Worker Thread has stopped.

I will investigate on this direction.

Thanks!

Just to double check, as it is new (and a bit confusing):

Required for all browsers: install the Jabber add-on (i.e. web communicator)

Required for Chrome: install the Chrome extension

Required for Firefox: install the Firefox extension

(no additional add-ons are needed for IE11)

However, I think I am seeing a similar issue on Chrome (v55 on Win7).  Please open a support ticket and we'll get the engineers involved for detailed troubleshooting...

I am using the Jabber SDK since version 9.3 and it is the first time I experienced something like this. Besides that, F-Secure has detected the Web Communicator add-on as a virus since the antivirus update from yesterday... I will open a ticket now. (Edited: Ticket 1148 opened)

Thanks!

Jabber engineering has tentatively identified this as a new issue with Chrome 55.  A code fix has been completed, and planning for how/when to deliver a maintenance release is underway now - stand by...