cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM iWAN App API

rajahuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can we do end to end deployment of iwan hub and branch side in APIC-EM with APIs calls ?

Thanks in advance for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is: yes.

The long answer is: Depends on APIC-EM release you're using. In release 1.3, we 'unintentionally' exposed iWAN App APIs through swagger but disabled them in further releases. Additionally, the APIs are purely for internal use and are not supported and/or well documented. Not all of the iWAN App APIs conform to API governance model put in use for APIC-EM either and it was never the intention of iWAN App team to expose and support'em. For end-to-end development, one may have to use not only iWAN App APIs, but them in conjunction with others from other required services (E.g. inventory-manager-service). Such usage is the onus of API-based workflow developer and iWAN App team recommends usage of UI-based workflow for all operations.

Having said that, if you have a strong specific use-case for bypassing UI usage and develop a strictly API-based workflow, we can get you in touch with some wiser folks on and off this forum. aradford, qinzhou, do you want to take this up further?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The short answer is: yes.

The long answer is: Depends on APIC-EM release you're using. In release 1.3, we 'unintentionally' exposed iWAN App APIs through swagger but disabled them in further releases. Additionally, the APIs are purely for internal use and are not supported and/or well documented. Not all of the iWAN App APIs conform to API governance model put in use for APIC-EM either and it was never the intention of iWAN App team to expose and support'em. For end-to-end development, one may have to use not only iWAN App APIs, but them in conjunction with others from other required services (E.g. inventory-manager-service). Such usage is the onus of API-based workflow developer and iWAN App team recommends usage of UI-based workflow for all operations.

Having said that, if you have a strong specific use-case for bypassing UI usage and develop a strictly API-based workflow, we can get you in touch with some wiser folks on and off this forum. aradford, qinzhou, do you want to take this up further?

it probably makes sense to try to automate branch deployment rather than HUB, given the nature of the API (not officially supported) and that you only deploy a HUB once.

Automating policy, which is a more likely day-n operation is supported, and I have published examples of this.

Adam

I am from CMS team. We are working on APIC-EM integration with Serivce Fullfilment Portal(SFP). SFP is Cisco Internal tool which will be consuming API exposed by APIC-EM for different app(iWAN, Easy QoS, PnP etc).

I are using APIC-EM version 1.3.1.9. I came to know that API for APIC-EM Apps will not be exposed in next releases.

I would like to know the road-map for APIC-EM, so that we can plan SFP development accordingly ?

Any help or redirect will be appreciated ?

Br//

Raj

rajahuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am from CMS team. We are working on APIC-EM integration with Serivce Fullfilment Portal(SFP). SFP is Cisco Internal tool which will be consuming API exposed by APIC-EM for different app(iWAN, Easy QoS, PnP etc).

I are using APIC-EM version 1.3.1.9. I came to know that API for APIC-EM Apps will not be exposed in next releases.

I would like to know the road-map for APIC-EM, so that we can plan SFP development accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community