cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Connector Behavior with Manually Added Users

David Mowery
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have Cloud WebEx/Spark with about 250 manually added users. I want to configure directory connector, but I'm concerned what behavior it has with manual users. I don't want users to be overwritten, but I'm hoping they will instead sync with AD. Can anyone help me with the specific behavior? I am having a bit of trouble finding the answer in the docs mess.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The directory sync tool looks at certain search criteria to pull in users from AD. As long as the search criteria that is configured on Directory sync tool covers all the users configured in Spark, you should be fine. If the search criteria doesnt match the users that are configured in Spark, those users will be deleted from Spark.

You can do a dry run on the directory sync tool to see which users will be deleted/added prior to turning on synchronization.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The directory sync tool looks at certain search criteria to pull in users from AD. As long as the search criteria that is configured on Directory sync tool covers all the users configured in Spark, you should be fine. If the search criteria doesnt match the users that are configured in Spark, those users will be deleted from Spark.

You can do a dry run on the directory sync tool to see which users will be deleted/added prior to turning on synchronization.

Please rate useful posts.

Awesome, thanks for the response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: