cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I use the XMPP or Presence Web Servcie API to query Jabber user status?

shogo0001
Level 1
Level 1

We have a web application. Is it possible to use the XMPP or the Presence Web Service APIs to get status info of Jabber users? The web application generates a link to be rendered in a mobile app environment. The link opens the Jabber app with a number/user to call in the parameter. We'd like the web application to first query if a recipient is logged on his/her Jabber account and is available. If so, the call his/her Jabber. If not, call his/her alternate number.

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at the Presence Web Service APIs, i.e. getPolledPresence.  This interface is designed for server-to-server type integrations like what you are describing.

You could also use XMPP, e.g. by connecting your sever as a presence user and using ad-hoc presence subscriptions to check the status of other users.

dstaudt

Thanks!  I got this working as the following in case someone else is looking for the same:

1. login - login as application user and get a session key
  2. login - login end user using the session key and get another key for end user
  3. getPolledPresence - get status of other users using the end user's key
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: