cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX SocialMiner Chat - show Agent / WebChat user typing in window?

BRIAN WYLAND
Level 1
Level 1

I would think this would be a more asked question but so far in my searching I haven't seen anyone asking about this.

I am not a coding expert and really not too knowledgable on API's but wanted to ask if anyone has done this before.

When you have an active SocialMiner UCCX chat window with a customer you do not see any notification that either side is typing.

So the issue we have is our Web Chat Agents are set for Two active Chats per Agent and they cannot tell if the customer is there and typing or not.  Which also leads to the customer typing "are you here" often.

Has anyone dealt with this issue?  And what solution did you come up with?

I am guessing if anything it would have to be done with an API but not even sure if that would give the 'typing' notifications they are requesting.

-Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

As part of the upcoming release of Unified CCX Solution (11.6, currently slated for release sometime in June 2017), SocialMiner is building the capability of "Typing Indicators" into both agent-side and customer-side web chat user interfaces.

So, this capability shall be available as an out-of-box, end-to-end feature for all those using CCX Web Chat feature.

The APIs that will power this feature will also be published for 3rd-party developers who want to build their own custom chat UIs on the customer side.

In current SocialMiner versions, I am afraid there is no possible way to build the capability of "Typing Indicators" using our RESTful APIs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

namahesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

As part of the upcoming release of Unified CCX Solution (11.6, currently slated for release sometime in June 2017), SocialMiner is building the capability of "Typing Indicators" into both agent-side and customer-side web chat user interfaces.

So, this capability shall be available as an out-of-box, end-to-end feature for all those using CCX Web Chat feature.

The APIs that will power this feature will also be published for 3rd-party developers who want to build their own custom chat UIs on the customer side.

In current SocialMiner versions, I am afraid there is no possible way to build the capability of "Typing Indicators" using our RESTful APIs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nagendra U M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: