Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse UCCE MediaSense Recording

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm working through a requirement where I need to initiate and potentially pause a recording in MediaSense in a UCCE/Finesse environment.

I understand that the Sample Call Recording gadget is UCCX only and that the UCCE Dialog doesn't support the Start Recording API.

It's obviously possible since some of the commercial gadgets have controls in them to proxy the requests to MediaSense.

Has anyone created a working Pause/Resume (not Start) gadget on UCCE?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assuming the incoming call has been received via CVP the steps to take are:

1. Get hold of the GUID.  You can get this from the user.media.id ECC variable.
  2. Convert the GUID from hex to decimal format (4 x 32 bit values as decimal fields separated by dashes).
  3. Assuming you've already signed-on, use the MediaSense API getSessionsByCCID method to retrieve the session ID (should only be one).
  4. Use the session ID in the Pause and Resume methods to control as required.

There's a Java sample here for doing this same thing from a CVP application.   You might find that of some use to check out the logic.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The reason why the Sample Call Recording gadget is UCCX only is because it uses the Finesse startRecording API that is UCCX only.

For UCCE, you can create a custom gadget that uses the MediaSense APIs. Look at the MediaSense Developer Guide for the version you are using. In this doc, there is a pauseRecording API: https://<host>:<port>/ora/controlService/control/pauseRecording and resumeRecording API: https://<host>:<port>/ora/controlService/control/resumeRecording

Thanx,

Denise

I guess my question is really about if there is a legitimate sequence of service calls to make that happen from the initial connect of that theoretical gadget to MediaSense in order to enable the recording controls.

The Recording Control API makes assumptions that you've started the recording in the same session - but in an environment that's 100% recorded, i would not have initiated the recording using the startRecording API - the actual recording would have a different SESSIONID that I need to figure out how to work with.

Assuming I used the signIn API  to create the session (https://<host>:<port>/ora/authenticationService/authentication/signIn)

I'd only have that particular JSESSIONID to work from.

It's my assumption (and current path) that working forward from there through getAllActiveSessions to find the one for the users current device would be the way to do this, just curious if anyone has worked it through before.

Thanks for any more thoughts on this!

I would suggest posting the question the MediaSense forum: Recordings (Mediasense) The MediaSense experts would be able to answer your questions better than I can.

Thanx,

Denise

Assuming the incoming call has been received via CVP the steps to take are:

1. Get hold of the GUID.  You can get this from the user.media.id ECC variable.
  2. Convert the GUID from hex to decimal format (4 x 32 bit values as decimal fields separated by dashes).
  3. Assuming you've already signed-on, use the MediaSense API getSessionsByCCID method to retrieve the session ID (should only be one).
  4. Use the session ID in the Pause and Resume methods to control as required.

There's a Java sample here for doing this same thing from a CVP application.   You might find that of some use to check out the logic.

Paul

Thanks much for that response, I will check it out and update once I test that out.

Much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: