cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-6941 stuck after call manager upgrade

Asim Abdulla
Level 1
Level 1

I have ugraded my call manager from 8.6.2 to 10.5.2. After the upgradation few of the 6941 phone (15 out of 30) stopped working, It is getting registered to the upgraded call manager but not able to access the telephone (we wont be able to do anything on the phone, if any calls made to that phone, we will get ring back tone, but no any notification - ring or display on the phone - .totally stuck,cant even get into settings of the phone). 

working 6941 phones are running SCCP9.4.1.3.SR2

Tried the factory reset procedure as per below document but the phone is not factory resetting instead it just boots up:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6921, 6941, 6945, and 6961 Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.0 (SC…

Step 1 While powering up the phone, press and hold #.

Step 2 When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence. When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed. If you press the buttons out of sequence, the lights on the line button, headset button, speakerphone button, and Select button turn green. You need to start over and press 123456789*0# in sequence again. After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Asim,

I am not aware of any issues that would cause what you are reporting in this posting, so I'm not sure I can provide an answer to the issue.   The soft reset you issue to the phone (the 1234.... sequence) will erase the ITL/CTL and any configuration on the phone. That will only help if there was a ITL/Cert issue on the re-registration. 

I know this does not give you any answers, but based on  the information provided, I'm not going to be able to provide much assistance.  I would strongly recommend that you work with TAC to identify the issue that is causing these devices to not register properly on the newer version.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Asim,

I am not aware of any issues that would cause what you are reporting in this posting, so I'm not sure I can provide an answer to the issue.   The soft reset you issue to the phone (the 1234.... sequence) will erase the ITL/CTL and any configuration on the phone. That will only help if there was a ITL/Cert issue on the re-registration. 

I know this does not give you any answers, but based on  the information provided, I'm not going to be able to provide much assistance.  I would strongly recommend that you work with TAC to identify the issue that is causing these devices to not register properly on the newer version.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: