Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notification language with CreateMeetingAttendee xml api

Hello!

I have some troubles with language. When I use CreateMeetingAttendee of XML API, i recieve the email which is in English,

but I change the corresponding xml field (<language></language>) with other languages ("Korean, German and others..") and email is only in English, so i need Russian language, which is used in my webex personal site.

P.S.: When I had used URL API, email was in right language (russian).. So i think it is possible to do it with XML API...

Here is my xml sent to server:

"<serv:message xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>" +

"  <header>" +

"    <securityContext>" +

"      <webExID>XXXXX</webExID>" +

"      <password>XXXXX</password>" +

"      <siteName>XXXXX</siteName>" +

"    </securityContext>" +

"  </header>" +

"  <body>" +

"  <bodyContent xsi:type='java:com.webex.service.binding.attendee.CreateMeetingAttendee'>" +

"    <person>" +

"      <firstName>" + firstName + "</firstName>" +

"      <lastName>" + lastName + "</lastName>" +

"      <email>" + email + "</email>" +

"    </person>" +

"    <emailInvitations>true</emailInvitations>" +

"    <joinStatus>ACCEPT</joinStatus>" +

"    <language>" + language + "</language>" +                               

"    <sessionKey>" + sessionKey + "</sessionKey>" +

"  </bodyContent>" +

"  </body>" +

"</serv:message>";

Is it possible to resolve my issue? Could anyone help me?)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The XML API has hardcoded responses and does not use the email template functions at all, the URL API does..

So yeah, disable email invitations and use getJoinUrl link for the meeting and send out your own email invites.. You can easily end up with a much more flexible mailing system than what we offer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

The XML API's have many hardcoded emails that cant be translated or templated; When using the XML API its best if you send out your own emails w/meeting details instead of relying on WebEx to send those on your behalf.

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Do you mean that I should create custom email, using my backend language and remove "emailInvitations" tags from sent xml?

It is just weird that URL api (enroll event) works as it should (uses my Webex Email Templates), but XML api can't do it, or I am just doing something wrong)

The XML API has hardcoded responses and does not use the email template functions at all, the URL API does..

So yeah, disable email invitations and use getJoinUrl link for the meeting and send out your own email invites.. You can easily end up with a much more flexible mailing system than what we offer

Thanks a lot for the support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: