cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting VMware Inventory

damonchance
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 5.4.0.3 against vSphere 6 update 2 as our cloud.

I feel like the VMware inventory is not updating correctly.  We added a portgroup to vCenter about 10 days ago and when I go to add it to the Network Policy for VNIC0 its not listed as an option from the picker.  Additionally we are running into situations where the static IP pool is not updating to reflect the fact that servers are no longer using IP addresses and its causing our VM builds to fail. 

I have gone into the Polling for the Cloud and Requested inventory collection, also I see all the 15 min polling taking place.  They always say complete and I'm not seeing any other errors.  Is there somewhere I can go to ensure this is completing correctly?  I'm not finding much on the support site.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I went into the System Tasks page and found the VMware Inventory Task in the VMware General folder.  It had been hung since August...  I rebooted it and kicked the Inventory job off again and it completed successfully.  I guess the polling activity I saw was the event log collection or something else. 

Thanks for the reply. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

snoopj123
Level 4
Level 4

Short of turning on debug logging via the UCSD UI and manually initiating the request, I'm not sure those log to anything but the inframgr log.

I went into the System Tasks page and found the VMware Inventory Task in the VMware General folder.  It had been hung since August...  I rebooted it and kicked the Inventory job off again and it completed successfully.  I guess the polling activity I saw was the event log collection or something else. 

Thanks for the reply. 

No problem.  Glad you were able to resolve it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer