Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with LearningSampleGadget in lab

Dustin Peet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I've been working with CCX for awhile but have just recently started to brave the finesse gadget world.  I've got a lot of scripting background, so the JS and XML doesn't scare me, but admittedly it also isn't the specific language I have the most experience with.

I have a CCX 10.6 lab environment and I downloaded the LearningSampleGadget.  I worked through the pdf and built it up myself, placed it into an IIS server and updated the finesse layout to point to it.  After logging into Jabber as an agent it does draw the gadget but it fails to populate anything in the box (other then html for user data), and it also doesn't show the js buttons to go ready/not ready or to make a call.  After looking through the code, and positive that I missed something small in the syntax, I reverted the to _Final versions.  When I logged out of finesse and then back in, I'm still seeing the same errors in the Sample Gadget box on the home tab.

I turned on debugging in IE, and the first thing it complained about was that the .ClientLogger method was unspecified.  Ok, fine, I thought and I commented out all of the logging lines in the js, other than the variable declaration.  I saved the changes and uploaded to the IIS server, logged out/in to finesse and now I get an error that jQuery is undefined.  Seemed strange so I did a get on the finesse.js and jquery.min.js files and downloaded to view.  Both of the files look fine and are in their appropriate locations /desktop/assets/js/

I thought that maybe since it wasn't populating the gadget with at least the user data that something was wrong with the API in finesse so I downloaded postman and tried manual gets/puts and all attempts displayed and updated correctly.

I looked through code for another couple hours and I'm still in the same place 

Anyone else have this issue previously or have any ideas?  The code that I have is exactly what is on github for LearningSampleGadge 10.6 so I'll refrain from an attachment here.  I also tried to adjust the layout gadget call to include the full path to the xml on the IIS server and to simply leave as it is.  Neither config helped.  Oh, and I did reboot the servers (cucm and ccx) to no avail.

Thanks for the somewhat long read!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, I have had some success with sample gadget configuration and api.

When using uccx sandbox, ssl is required in all calls even cors calls.

I was able to configure nginx create a self signed certificate that nginx will proxy to non ssl services and treat as ssl.

This all works from the client perspective. the links are run from the perspective of the user running the app on chrome.

Let me know if you are interested in more information on the subject.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jdickinson
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dustin,

I have some resolution.

open this linke for your desktop layout.

https://hq-uccx.abc.inc:8445/cfadmin/container/?locale=en_US#layout

add your gadget to:

<column>

<gadgets>

<gadget>/3rdpartygadget/files/EmbeddedWebApp.xml</gadget>

this is where your gadget will be displayed when logged in as an agent (Agent002 for instance).

Then drop the gadget in the files folder under 3rdpartygadgets use these references.

utils reset_3rdpartygadget_password

utils service restart Cisco Finesse Tomcat

Make sure the agent is logged out then back in.

Joe

Hi Joseph-

Thanks for the reply.  I've got the same config in my layout, other than I'm pointing to my IIS server rather than hosting inside of Finesse itself.  I didn't try only resetting the service(s) after my changes so I did that as well, but this did not bring success either.

I just got done uploading into /3rdpartygadgets and I reset Finesse Tomcat again, logged out/in to Finesse agent, and like magic, everything is now there.  So it definitely had something to do with the IIS servers I've been trying to run it on.

In IIS I had disabled SSL required and I was running over http from the layout xml.  What gives?  The IIS server has Java on it, but this isn't php, it should be executed by the local client not the server.  I'm very happy that I got it to work before the end of the day, but now I'm just trying to grasp the 'whys'.

Thanks guys

Ok, I have had some success with sample gadget configuration and api.

When using uccx sandbox, ssl is required in all calls even cors calls.

I was able to configure nginx create a self signed certificate that nginx will proxy to non ssl services and treat as ssl.

This all works from the client perspective. the links are run from the perspective of the user running the app on chrome.

Let me know if you are interested in more information on the subject.

thats interesting...  Makes sense I suppose.  I think I'll just host it locally and when (if) the event occurs that I really need to host externally I'll generate/pass certs.  Thanks for checking into this Joesph

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dustin,

Great job on the debugging!

When developing gadgets, gadget caching is your worse enemy and you may be running into that. The easiest way to resolve this is to add ?nocache to the end of the Finesse desktop url: https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide4.1/CFIN_RF_G49C6C06_00_gadget-caching.html. Sometimes you have to log in the agent to the desktop first, add the ?nocache and push enter (reload the page with &nocache).

If that didn't solve your issue, can you revert back to the _Final files, reproduce the issue (use &nocache), and attach the client logs here (Click the send client logs, then grab it from the Finesse server).

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise-

Thank you also for your reply.  This was interesting, as when I read through your post it sounded very applicable.  Unfortunately, after trying this, I'm still seeing the same thing.

I collected logs as well as took screen shots so you can see what is (and more importantly, what is not) being rendered properly.

Thanks for looking into this!

Also, I guess it's important to note that yesterday when testing this I was using my own lab and today I've (for the first time) used the DevNet Sandbox lab.  Pretty sweet btw,  Nice job with that!

Anyway, I get the exact same error (missing content) both ways, so now I'm sure it isn't my environment, but rather something that I'm doing wrong.  The directions seem fairly clear, particularly when using the _Final files so I'm not sure where I could go wrong.  On my lab I do have the certs installed properly and the session is encrypted via SSL, but the screenshots from today are via IP, thus show the unencrypted icon in the url.  But I can assure you, that it yields the same result in either case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: