cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in starting/joining a webex meeting using URL API's on iPhone browser

m.fahadajmal1
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to start or join any meeting via using iPhone's (iOS 10+) browser, it gives me an error saying that the browser, browser version, or operating system is currently unsupported (please find the screenshot attached).
I have tried the process on safari and on chrome as well, the error remains the same.

The same process is working on mac and window's browser.

I am using the test environment provided by Cisco: apidemoeu.webex.com.

Kindly advice.
Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Engineering has confirmed official lack of support and will provide no new feature enhancements to the URL API. My earlier workaround option of scheduling via API and then launching the meeting using URL generated by GethosturlMeeting is the best method to accomplish this ask.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Can you provide a sample of the URL API your trying to execute?

What are the variables that are passed to that URL?

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Below is the url with variables values:
https://apidemoeu.webex.com/apidemoeu/m.php?AT=IM&MN=John (JS) Doe meeting Fahad Ajmal&BU=http://10.17.0.12/callback&CSRF=7a5baef7-b2ae-4033-ad52-856743b8942c

Kindly note that 10.17.0.12 is my local ip

Thanks.

Hi Ryan, any update yet?

I was able to duplicate this behavior and it has been reported to engineering as a possible bug. It is also possible that there might be an official lack of support for mobile applications using this API request. In the meantime, I would suggest scheduling a meeting using XML API request CreateMeeting or URL API request m.php?AT=SM and then launch that meeting using m.php?AT=HM or the URL retrieved from XMLA PI request GethosturlMeeting, I generally favor XML API.

Engineering has confirmed official lack of support and will provide no new feature enhancements to the URL API. My earlier workaround option of scheduling via API and then launching the meeting using URL generated by GethosturlMeeting is the best method to accomplish this ask.

Nathan,

This solution doesn’t work if you’re trying to give the join URL to an attendee through the API. If I use the GetHostURLMeeting, I join as the host, even if I’m logged in as myself.

Hello,

AT=IM is a host only URL API, so GethosturlMeeting would be the applicable replacement. AT=JM or GetjoinurlMeeting would be used to create attendee URL.

Thank you for the reply.  I am creating the meeting using the XML API.

Step 1. Call createMeeting.

Now I want to return a URL using the XML API (either GetHostURLMeeting or GetJoinURLMeeting) that a user can click on to launch the meeting in iOS.

I‘ve tried to use the GetJoinURLMeeting (AT=SI), which  works fine on desktop, but I get a “browser not supported“ message on iOS.

I then tried to use GetHostURLMeeting (AT=LI), which brings me into the meeting as the host, even though that is not my WebEx account (basically logging me in as someone else).

I then tried to manually change the parameter on both URLs to be AT=JM, which results in a ”null” page  when used with the GetHostURLMeeting and eventually the same browser not supported error when used with GetJoinURLMeeting.

Which XML API call do I have to make for an attendee to join a WebEx meeting on iOS and do I have to manually manipulate the return response?

For attendee join on mobile platform, you can just use the following URL API format:  https://sitename.webex.com/sitename/m.php?AT=JM&MK=123456789, where sitename should be changed to the actual subdomain, also called site name, of your WebEx site, and 123456789 should be changed to the actual meeting key of the meeting. You could also call GetjoinurlMeeting for an attendee URL, but you will need to include the attendee name and email address, as well as the meeting key, any meeting password, and registration id if any. The GetjoinurlMeeting URL will work universally with any platform except Chrome OS, but mobile platform will ignore the name and email address in favor of values stored in the mobile app.