Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 11.5 - Dynamic Audio Element audio groups

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In CVP 11.5, I'm adding some audio to a dynamic audio element. The problem I'm having is that the initial audio group that is created in studio is always null when I try to access it in java.

When creating the element in studio, i select the dynamic configuration checkbox, enter in my class name and select the 'create base configuration' checkbox. I then add some audio items to the initial and no match and no input audio groups.

When I access these audio groups in java, they are null and I get a null pointer exception.  So, to get it working I have had to check to see if the audio group is null  ...

if(defaults.getAudioGroup("initial_audio_group", 1) == null)

{

elementAPI.addToLog("initial audio group", "is null");

initial = defaults.new AudioGroup("initial_audio_group", true);

}else

{      

elementAPI.addToLog("initial audio group", "is NOT null");

initial = defaults.getAudioGroup("initial_audio_group", 1);

}

and if my audiogroup is null, I create a new one and that works fine - although it is just a workaround.

My problem is, that this exact same application and java worked without checking for null audio groups in CVP 8.5. Now I am upgrading and could potentially have to change a lot of java and audio elements. This to me looks like a bug, as I definitely have created the audio group in studio, I just can't see them in the java.

Anybody experience this before?

Thanks,

Brian

4 Replies 4

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just confirmed your findings on my 11.5 system. Looks like a bug to me.

Hi Janine,

Thanks for checking that. Strangely enough, I have this working now without changing any java. I removed a subdialog start element from the app, redeployed and it is working. I restarted the VXML server a couple of times for other reasons which shouldn't have made any difference.

Thanks,

Brian

that's very odd. I'll test mine again tonight.

Hi Janine,

Is this bug fixed ? I am facing the same issue in 12.5.

Regards,

Yogita.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: