Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a CVP timer to track time in queue

Hello,

I would like to put a timer check in my CVP loop to perform some alternate actions after sitting in queue for x amount of seconds.

I setup a java class with a start/end time, but then quickly realized that if I am looping through all of my announcements my timer just comes back with the same value that I started it at:

i.e.   Start Timer

Play wav

Play wav

Play wav

Check Timer  <- has the same value as the start timer.

If I recalls Janine's course correctly it is because the gateway returns immediately while the announcement is playing so from a processing standpoint there really is no delay.

Question, should I put in some kind of menu with a 1 second delay to stop processing so that my timer will update, or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Barry

6 Replies 6

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I would use a collect digits element, with one of the supplied Cisco silent wav files, with a really low timeout.

But menu would do the same.

Gerry

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Or, if you're happy to use a custom element, there's an extended audio element here with a synchronous completion option.

https://cisco.box.com/v/ptcustom-vvb-compatible

Thanks Paul and Gerry.

Paul, I'll definitely check out your custom element it looks pretty cool. Hardest part is getting around the oldest question in the book... is it supported by Cisco!

Gerry, I'll check out your solution as well!

Barry

Unfortunately, oldest answer in the book -- no, sold as seen, community best-effort support only.

Paul

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is there any way to 'lobby' Cisco to start including your custom Audio element

to flush the dtmf buffer, and/or play synchronously to the Studio Element pane?

I hear tons  of requests for these functions!!!

Janine,

For a while I did actually believe this was going to be included in 11.5 Studio as it was on a features list.  Not sure what happened but clearly it didn't make it.   The best place to lobby is probably here on the forum as I suspect most people with an interest in having the feature will be wired into this community.    Why don't you create a poll here and let's get some numbers for those who have hit these problems and wasted time trying to work around what are definitely irritating features of VoiceXML.

Paul