cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with UCS C-220 M4S and C-240 M4L server

ankush.thube
Level 1
Level 1

For UCS C-220 M4 SFF Server:- I am using 4TB*2=8TB HDD. I configure RAID 1. UEFI boot option enable already. I am trying to install MS Server 2012 R2 operating system in server. When I try to make partition 250 GB for windows it create, but automatically next 2 partitions create. In this 2 partitions I can use only 1st partition. Other partition I cant format or create. I tried to convert HDD from MBR to GPT also with DISKPART (convert gpt), unfortunately it run properly but the partition issue same. Please provide me proper option to install operating system.

For UCS C-240M4 LFF Server- I am using 4TB*8=32TB HDD. In this, I configure 1st two HDD with RAID for MS Server 2012R2 operaing system, other remaining HDD's with RAID 5. The RAID 1 and 5 configure properly. When I try to make partition 300 GB for windows it create, but automatically next partitions also create which I don't want. i want 4TB HDD for only operating system. I also tried to run directly setup but it create max 2TB partition. I tried to convert HDD from MBR to GPT also with DISKPART (convert gpt), unfortunately it run properly but the partition issue same. Please provide me proper option to install operating system.

Please help me to solve this issue on urgent basis as I want to made this server online up to Monday.

1 Reply 1

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure that you have loaded the latest Cisco drivers before you try to install the operating system.  You can do this at the point in time where you are selecting which partition to use for installation.

You should have to create just a single partition, select that, and install into that.  The operating system installation will create other partitions that it needs.  Both MBR and EFI create additional partitions during the installation.

You do not need a 4TB partition for the operating system.  Window Server 2012 R2 installs fine in a 40-50 GB partition.  But if you do want to use the full 4 TB, you do need to create it as a GPT partition, as MBR will create a maximum 2TB-8 size partition.

What sort of error message are you receiving when the Windows installation starts?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card