cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Realtime Stats

johnirey1
Level 1
Level 1

I am aware of the realtime stats API (http://uccxserver:9080/realtime/schema).  My question about the API is more around documentation (lack of) and support.   Should we feel safe using this API, or, since it is not documented, is Cisco going to make u-turn and change the schema drastically.  Obviously changes do occur, but the lack of documentation makes me nervous about utilizing..    Also, if we used this for a wallboard application, would TAC freak out that we are using it?  Common sense says we should not hammer the primary server with requests, but customer prefer the relative realtime data.

I have used the tables in the database for years (updated every 5 seconds), but with the existence of this API I feel like I should gravitate toward it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jyjoshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are internal API for inter component communication within CCX.

These are not meant for external consumption.

That is the reason why there is no external documentation.

Two issue with using this externally are,

1.  the API could get changed/removed as a part of any minor/major releases if there are design changes.

2. heavy use of it externally would cause unexpected load on the engine.

So it is not recommended for external use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jyjoshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These are internal API for inter component communication within CCX.

These are not meant for external consumption.

That is the reason why there is no external documentation.

Two issue with using this externally are,

1.  the API could get changed/removed as a part of any minor/major releases if there are design changes.

2. heavy use of it externally would cause unexpected load on the engine.

So it is not recommended for external use.

And how can i get this info?
Only on CUIC?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: