cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA for TACACS+ in ISE with different hardware

riferdiy
Level 1
Level 1

My customer have existing Cisco ACS in SNS3495, they want to purchased HA for this.

With EoS notification from Cisco ACS, I plan to proposed Cisco ISE in 3595 for them.

The question are :

1. Can we achieve HA, policy & configuration replication with existing hardware ??

2. If the existing appliance (ACS SNS3495) must migrate to Cisco ISE, can we achieve HA, policy & configuration replication with different hardware ( ISE with Tacacs in SNS3495 & ISE with Tacacs in SNS3595) ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but the overall scale will be based on the smaller h/w, 3495. For the performance sake, I recommend using 3595 as primary.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but the overall scale will be based on the smaller h/w, 3495. For the performance sake, I recommend using 3595 as primary.

Hi howon,

What do u mean as "primary"? Is it primary tacacs server configuration when we configure in switch ??

How about ISE system configuration ?? Can we use admin,PSN, monitoring persona in both hardware ??

I meant primary for Admin & MnT persona. So you would want the 3595 to be primary admin & MnT.

There is no primary concept for PSN, but whatever you configure first on the switch as T+ server would be used more.