Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSS CONTRACT ACTIVE & ESW CONTRACT EXPIRE

hamed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are planning to upgrade cucm from 10.5 to 11.5, we have active ucss contract will expire in July 2017 but our ESW contract expired 1 year ago.

My question is can we renew ESW is it still available & can we renew it till july 2017.

looking forward for urgent support from community.

Thanks,

29 Replies 29

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should ideally move this to SWSS/ECMU and move away from ESW/UCSS which are legacy contracts. Work with your Cisco account team or partner teams to do this step

Srini Kilambi

you mean we can migrate from UCSS to SWSS or we should go for new SWSS, as we have only 5 months left for UCSS.

As an FYI for how it was sold in the past

ESW and UCSS must match in quantity and must be ordered together

UCSS (Right to access major upgrades 9.x to 10.x)

ESW (Phone support and right to access minor upgrades 9.1 to 9.2)

If the ESW or UCSS contract expires, the customer has 30 days to renew.  Current ESW/UCSS contracts are required for a major upgrade.  If either contract expires, the customer must purchase new, upgrade or migration licenses

SWSS replaces ESW/UCSS so I would go in that direction.

1. Hello,

I am confused on active swss and active uccs. I have the on premise deployment (CUCM,CUC etc) in my institution .CUCM is version 10.5.2 and licensed. However, i want to upgrade to version 11.5 . I have contacted the licensing.com but they i don't have an active swss that entitles me to 11.5.I would like to ask which one is   needed for version 11.5 and the current release version 12.0. How do i get the price list for whichever one that is needed for upgrade license ?

meanwhile i contacted a cisco partner in Nigeria but they added unnecessary things in the quote in a bid to extort money .

thanks in anticipation

You need valid SWSS for upgrades. ESW/UCSS was legacy model. See this section but it's only open to partners. Your partner needs to be using UCL-UCM-UPG-K9 and then put in the upgrade licenses plus SWSS to get you covered unless the coverage was lapsed in the last 30 days in which case you can just put SWSS on the licenses. In your case if it's more than 30 days you have to do both upgrade licensing and SWSS

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-

callmanager/guid…

Thanks for the response. Cisco says there is no SWSS contract (invalid or

valid) for our unified communication products. And that if I purchase

active SWSS contract, version 11.X license will be issued to me.

Can one get active SWSS contract or is it meant only for partners. See

attached a quote sent to me from a Cisco partner in Nigeria. The quote

contains discrepancies . See below what I requested from them:

25 CUWL Meeting edition or pro licence upgrade from version 10 to version

11.x

6 Telepresence room license upgrade from version 10 to version 11

5CUWL standard license upgrade from version 10 to version 11

10 CUWL Standard version 11 license( not upgrade)

So if there is no valid SWSS then you do need to pay for upgrade license plus SWSS. The top level SKU is fine they are doing this as BE6K licensing which is fine. Key thing is you can only use the upgrade SKU for what you own today. If you don't own a specific license today then you need to buy it net new or upgrade one of your existing licenses to that level.

Here is how I would do this

1) Under R-CBE6K-K9 Cisco sells a bundle for 35 users of CUWL STD for a very low price. They also sell another bundle of 35 ENH plus 35 VM. You can pick one or the other. If CUWL STD is more important choose that one. The price delta is so small between them, usually customers go for CUWL bundle.

2) Since this takes care of 35 users, rest now you can do upgrade SKU. The TP rm looks fine at 6 licenses. The 10 new CUWL STD and 5 upgrade you want are not needed anymore because of Pt 1 which is way cheaper than paying for upgrade licenses

3) Now for the last piece of 25 CUWL meetings or PRO upgrade. First question is do you need that level? That level only is desired if you want to do video bridging using CMS server on  premise. If you go with WebEx in the cloud it's not needed. So you may not even need to look at that license. Further more since you haven't posted what you have on the server today, I cannot advise you of the right SKU but let me walk you through some options. PRO is EOL license so either way you need to upgrade to meetings license. So assuming you have PRO today then if you want to take 25 of those PRO licenses to meetings you would use BE6K-UWL-PRO2MTG.  However if you don't have CUWL PRO today then you can upgrade the CUWL STD that came in the bundle in Pt 1 using the SKU and achieve the same BE6K-UWL-STD2MTG

Hello,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I have the following in the server

1.cucm 10.5.2

2.Im and presence server 10.5.2

3. Cuc 10.5.2

4. Expressway 9.2 (C&E)

5. Telepresence server on virtual machine

6. Telepresence conductor

7. 2 Telepresence endpoint

8.30 8945 phones

9. 10 jabber clients

All the above are licensed except telepresence conductor. I think your

point 1 is more needed as we plan to add more phones and jabber clients as

well as upgrading CUCM, imp and cuc to 11.5

See attached the screen shot of the BE6000 server license (UCS 22 m3

server)

One of the screen shots the upgrade to 11.x but with demo license. The

other sh ows the 10.5.2 licensed. These were taken from the PLM

I await your kind response

1) So based on this you have 25 CUWL PRO today but since CUWL PRO is EOL you can move to CUWL meetings but it's additional cost of 100 LIST per user. CUWL meetings will give access to CMS which is the next generation product to replace Telepresence server. However if you don't think CMS is important or you want to use a cloud video conferencing solution like WebEx you can forego CUWL PRO and just do the CUWL STD 35 user bundle as I said which is very cost effective. That will cover your CUWL needs plus the 5 CUWL STD users you desire as per PLM and leave some buffer. So your quote will then have 1 CUWL STD bundle list price 1000 dollars for 35 users and 6 Telepresence licenses like they have done.

2) If you must have CMS on premise video bridging, then I would still do the 35 CUWL STD bundle since as I said the cost is minimal and you can only do it once when buying the bundle and then I would use the SKU below to move your existing 25 CUWL PRO to CUWL meetings

BE6K-UWL-PRO2MTG

You also don't need Telepresence room endpoint license unless you have room based endpoints like SX10/20/Room Kits/SX80/Ix5000. For video phones or Jabber you can do ENH or CUWL STD. So I would check on that piece too.

Hello,

What does this cover 35 ENH plus 35vm?is it when the user is to be

associated with more than one phone device? What does ENH+ cover?

Some users are associated with jabber for Windows, jabber for mobile and a

video phone? In other words, the user is associated with 3 devices. I think

it's about 5 users that are associated with more than one device. Does the

cuwl 35 standard bundle cover the association of a user with more than one

device?

Awaiting your kind response

Collins

Enh is one device per user and STD is up to 10. ENH plus is two but since there is no ENH plus bundle I would move to CUWL STD since you want multiple devices per user

Thanks

Srini

Hello,

1.Does this cuwl 35 standard bundle cover the 6 telepresence licenses?does

this price, $1000 cover both CUWL standard and telepresence licenses?

The Telepresene are MX 700 and MX 300. They are only two.do i still need

license for these telpresence ?

2.Assuming that I don't need the cms, there is no need to upgrade to cuwl

meeting. What of upgrading to cuwl pro version 11.x cos I am on version 10?

3. What are the skus for the cuwl 35 standard bundle version 11.x and cuwl

pro version 11.x?

Note that we have 30 8945 ip phones plus the 10 jabber client users .This

means that there are 40 users already existing in the server. The cuwl 35

standard bundle will cover 35 out of 40.what about the remaining 5?

Their quote does not cover any bundle.Its calculated per device see below

1.4 UPG-6K-STD (this is not needed as 1.4 is the same with 1.8)

1.6: BE6000 Upgrade CUWL standard to CUWL Meetings ( am moving cuwl pro to

meeting and not standard)

1.7 SWSS Uprade to UCM 10.x TP room from 9.x (am already on 10.x,why

should i upgrade from 9.x ?)

1.8: swss upgrades BE6000 CUWL Standard 11.x users service qty 30 (Same as

1.4)

1.9 swss upgrades BE6000 CUWL Standard 11.x users service qty 30 (instead

of 25)

1.6 and 1.9 are the same.